Author Topic: UK Brexit - opinions?  (Read 16132 times)

scepticus

Re: UK Brexit - opinions?
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2018, 09:32:24 PM »
The shambles rolls on !

Brexit remains as it started . Rival factions within the Conservative Party at war  !

scepticus

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
Tens of thousands of low-skilled migrants could come to the UK to work for up to a year under proposed new post-Brexit immigration rules.
The madness  continues !

scepticus

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2018, 06:44:27 PM »
" At least we haven't been invaded since 1066." UK21

Thanks to the Americans and  the   Russians ! And the English Channel .

Dreams of glories past  -  don't let reality intrude . 

scepticus

« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:06 AM »
Fears have been expressed that Russian money - and influence -were  used in both the Brexit and Trump elections.
Democracy under threat from global financial manipulation ?  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer  .

That Was The  Year That Was !

gizmotron

« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2018, 02:28:43 AM »
Fears have been expressed that Russian money - and influence -were  used in both the Brexit and Trump elections.
Democracy under threat from global financial manipulation ?  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer  .

Funny. You actually believe that. It's nice to know that so many people can be looking at a straw man while those pulling the strings get the gullible ones to vote for them to save us. Who knows? They might actually find some evidence some day. The Russians and the Sky is Falling.

scepticus

« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »
Yes . Gizmo .  Reality is strange .

Two of the wealthiest backers of the Leave campaign  do not actually live in the UK. 

Much of the wealth of the world is  lodged in Offshore Tax Havens . Much of that money is lodged by criminals, High Wealth individuals and  by the looting of some countries wealth  while the poorer get poorer and the rich get richer .

In total about 50% of the world's wealth is held by 1% of the population . If that is your definition of democracy it is not mine .

scepticus

« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »
The farce of Brexit  continues. 

UK-21

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
" At least we haven't been invaded since 1066." UK21

Thanks to the Americans and  the   Russians ! And the English Channel .

Dreams of glories past  -  don't let reality intrude .

Hi Scepticus,

I trust you're well?  As you're actively posting here I assume that's the case?

During my quarterly or so visit to this forum to see if anything interesting has been discussed, I've seen that you've picked up on something I wrote some while back and added a comment. I did write a fairly long and detailed rebuttal to your assertion, but the crappy software that's used to power this forum (that times-out without warning or saving anything) ditched it all into the ether. I'm afraid I'm not spending another hour of my life writing it all out again, suffice to say I disagree with what you've written. The truth of the matter is that when the Germans canceled Operation Sea Lion in 1940 it had nothing whatsoever to do with any intervention or tangible support that had been provided by either the United States or Soviet Union - and all of the historical facts bear this out. If there's any one party that was responsible for dampening down Hitler's ambition to invade Britain history suggests it was probably His Majesty's Royal Air Force, and "the Few". Sorry.

I trust your roulette P&L is looking good and the variance fairy isn't being too mean to you.

Best wishes and take care.   ;)

UK-21

PS - I don't visit here very often, so I probably won't respond to anything further you may add for a while.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:27:39 AM by UK-21 »

scepticus

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2019, 12:00:04 PM »
Well, Hello  to you too UK21   :(   Apart from a bit of rheamatics I am fine , Posting here keeps the old grey matter from perishing !

Yes. " The Few " did prevent the invasion " AT THAT TIME ".
In the long haul IF Hitler had not decided to invade Russia " AT THAT TIME " then it would only have been a matter of time before the Nazis invaded tje UK -- or starved it to submission. So why did Hitler decide to wage war on two fronts at the same time ? Perhaps because he thought a deal was in th eofffing between him and the UK ?

At about that time there were Feelers out for a truce . Some Brits did actually admire Hitler. There wa sthe strange case of Hess
. A lone fighter escaping over the French Coast without the German defences noticing ?

Flying over that little stretch of water without being noticed by our defences ?
Flying over the Scottish mainland without being noticed  by our defences ?
A meeting on one of the Duke of Hamilton's estates by some of The Great and the Good   at that time ?
Conspiracy . Or Conspiracy Theory ?
I think we Brits are as good - or as bad - as some other countries but the days of  Glory are long gone . Their best days were when slavery was in vogue.
The world moves on UK - and so shoud we .
 p.s.Brexit is STILL a shambles  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:05:16 PM by scepticus »