Author Topic: Loop Betting  (Read 294 times)

Third

Loop Betting
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:58:59 PM »
One day, I asked myself, "What is the most conservative progression we can use, if we are not going to flat bet?"

I had done some work with Sputnik's RU&P:

2 1 2 3 4

Which is a positive progression scheme that incorporates a very important feature; the bolded bets automatically lock in profit after a win, because the initial bet of 2 units is then replaced by 1 unit!  Its quite counter-intuitive.

I don't like the idea of betting 2 units all the time, so maybe it can be expressed as:

1 .5 1 1.5 2

The important thing is the reduction of the betting amount after a win.

Then, I happened across a baccarat video where the concept of Loop Betting was discussed where the following was used by the author:

1 3 1 3 1 3 etc.

This progression scheme would be followed whether a loss or a win was encountered.  Its also possible to simply flat bet on all losses. 

If a huge streak occurred, one would bet 1 3 1 3, down the whole way, where after 4 units of profit was gained in the two most probable parts of the streak, only 1 unit would be risked of that profit.  Then 5 units would be gained but only 3 risked, etc. as the streak progressed.  This would be an example of a positive progression.

But its also a negative progression!  If one unit was lost, it is now much more probable that a win would be gained and so 3 units are bet, to gain 2.  If expectation was not met, then 1 unit is bet, etc., where the debt is automatically banked as we wait for expectation to return.

Loop betting is played automatically regardless of results (or my preference, which is to flat bet losses) and I love how it flows.  Of course the betting scheme I came up with as my favorite is:

1 2 1 2 1 2

I found it to be the most universally powerful and conservative at the same time! :D

Different progressions can be lined up and compared and I definitely prefer the 1 2 loop to all the others (flat betting included).   

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:10:46 PM by Third »

The following users thanked this post: kav, palestis, UnlikelySam, Stratege, fiben7