Author Topic: For DrTalos (The Art of Writing).  (Read 752 times)

Godfrey

Re: For DrTalos (The Art of Writing).
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
So my first post has been deleted. Probably as requested by MickyP. So much for freedom of forum posting.

One may not express their view or criticism.

The following users thanked this post: Stratege

MickyP

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »
It appears that there is a degree of moderation taking place behind the scenes.

Sorry to burst your bubble Godfrey but I did not lodge a complaint about your first post. I actually found it rather amusing.
i'm sure if you ask Kav for an explanation, he will get you up to speed as to why your post was deleted.

Statege, please direct us (the forum) to the post where I talk about my postage stamp size notebook. LOL; my eyesight is not what it used to be so to me bigger is better....lol.

Stratege

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 06:02:04 PM »

:o Mr.J was spotted a few days ago. So, nothing prevents him from posting again! Why does not he give news to his "friend" MickyP ?

If, I understand the title of his book, Mr.J advises "What not to do"! I must say that, what not to do, can easily fill several books. A good book on this subject will then be difficult to write. But, "What to do," I believe this is the title of a book that players would like to buy. This is absolutely not an attack. We must understand the logic of human thought. Books with a negative title or with a question mark "?" Sell very poorly. Negation implies the notions of prohibition and constraint. Let's also understand that financial fraud inspectors do not learn to recognize all counterfeit banknotes. They only learn to recognize the "real bank note" !   :o ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:08:36 PM by Stratege »

MickyP

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »
You make Mr J (Ken) sound like a fugitive. Where did you get your information from?

Ken never wrote a book titled "What not to do". In one of my posts I suggested he should write a book with that title seeing as it is/was one of his trademark phrases.

A true banknote is the yardstick used to identify counterfeit notes. If you transfer this to roulette you would need a working HG in order to identify phony systems. Problem is, there is no HG that can be used for the comparison test.
This is a great subject that should have a thread of its own.

With regard to your book sale statement, I disagree. Negative book titles sell. If what you say is true then why are there so many books on the best seller lists with negative titles?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:59:07 PM by MickyP »

MickyP

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 09:01:24 PM »
Is this title positive or negative?