Author Topic: 6 Pence System  (Read 2006 times)

scepticus

Re: 6 Pence System
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
and M r J agrees with you Mickyboy. !
If you bet TWO chips - one on each of two numbers  -then  for a fair comparison you need to bet TWO  chips on a split.  On both cases you get a total return of 36 chips .

Now do you get it ?

The following users thanked this post: GIAJJENNO

scepticus

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 07:52:00 PM »
You mean group the hot numbers in pairs.
Playing straight up numbers is better than reducing them to splits. Economy is not always an advantage.
I have to agree that I prefer the absolute efficiency of the straight up bets.

Yep, why try to get fancy with it?

The RETURN is the same  1 on a 35/1 shot returns 36 chips  the same as 2 chips  on a split 36 chips .

So where does betting straight- ups become BETTER than splits ?  Utter nonsense  !

MickyP

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »
If a straight -up player bets TWO numbers  and the Splits player bets a split he bets TWO numbers then the odds of both are the same .Splits can be useful  to a low  bankroll player .

Scepticus, you screwed up your words again and you are now like a dog chasing its own tail.

The red text tells it all.

What you are doing is trying to discredit or undermine me through your repetitive. name calling and insults. Please, rather focus on what I write and focus on getting your message right that you intend posting. Calm down and think before you post.
Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: mr j

Mako

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
If a straight -up player bets TWO numbers  and the Splits player bets a split he bets TWO numbers then the odds of both are the same .Splits can be useful  to a low  bankroll player .

Scepticus, you screwed up your words again and you are now like a dog chasing its own tail.

What you are doing is trying to discredit or undermine me through your repetitive. name calling and insults. Please, rather focus on what I write and focus on getting your message right that you intend posting. Calm down and think before you post.
Thanks.

Seriously scepticus, this hard-on you have for Micky is fine, whatever, it's stupid as hell, but that's up to you.

But in this case if you had just said "I think you've made a mistake, when you compare payouts on the two, they're the same.  Meanwhile the low BR player can effectively bet a single unit on a split that's equivalent to two half-units on two singles...which may not have been possible for them if there's a 1u minimum at the table".

Let the information be the actual insult, not all the extra hot sauce you're putting on each post.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:00:19 PM by Mako »

The following users thanked this post: mr j

mr j

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »
Well said Mako.

Third

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Interesting graphs:

Only 25 spins to find the best 4 numbers.

Only 17 spins to find the best 4 numbers.

Up +54 units, using 10 unit chips.

Here is a bust-out graph:

Looks like when the bankroll gets down to 100 units, that win at about 140 units should be the sign to end it, being quite far from par even from that point.  I started with a bankroll of 300 units.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:09:40 AM by Third »

The following users thanked this post: Stratege

scepticus

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 12:03:44 AM »

Thanks.

Seriously scepticus, this hard-on you have for Micky is fine, whatever, it's stupid as hell, but that's up to you.

But in this case if you had just said "I think you've made a mistake, when you compare payouts on the two, they're the same.  Meanwhile the low BR player can effectively bet a single unit on a split that's equivalent to two half-units on two singles...which may not have been possible for them if there's a 1u minimum at the table".

Let the information be the actual insult, not all the extra hot sauce you're putting on each post.  ::)

I have a Hard -On for Micky ?. Tell,you what mako  would you careto make a bet that Micky P has called me into question more times than I have him .  Would you care to count the number of tjimes he has argued  with others  , Are you aware that he was banned for a weekbecause of his attitude . Are you blind to the fact he ridiculed me in my thread and I did not respond ? That kav asked for civilised  behaviour   even though I had not responded ? I do not pick on only Micky , I pick on ANYONE who claims that profiting  from betting roulette is EASY  ! If you class yourself as b eing fairminded  why don't you trawl through Micky 's posts and tell me the  number of them that  contradicts his previous posts  ?You should be mindfull of the saying " What you see is not  all there is " .

You may be right that I should just point out where he is wrong . The problem here is that he has a gift for misuderstanding things. Bluntly , If you agree with him  that Straight ups  are bettter than splits you don't know much about roulette >
If you think that I have been harsh with you then you must have missed a post where I said that when I am attacked I hit back !

The following users thanked this post: Stratege

scepticus

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 12:06:43 AM »

MickyP

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 12:35:26 AM »

Thanks.

Nice try Mako but you should read the thread from page one.Your text in red is true if you take Scepticus posts at the top of page two where he corrects himself by saying that one chip on a single is the same as two chips on a split. The argument stems from posts on page one.

The method Third is speaking about covers ten numbers with five chips (4 singles and a double street). Stratege suggests playing ten numbers as well by betting five splits with five chips (one unit per split).
Scepticus then posts

To this point the discussion revolves around placing one chip per number or cluster.
Stratege must have picked up on Scepticus's error and posted a long winded post that suggests playing two chips on a split to ease chip placement and has very little to do with the actual method being discussed which is a simple 5 chip placement system.

I corrected Scepticus and the fun began.

Read the thread from the beginning and you will see that I was right.

No love lost between the English and the Boers; not then and not now. I stand my ground. This will end with one of us being banned from the forum.

The following users thanked this post: Mako

Stratege

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »

Scepticus, I think for you the bet on 2 straight-up is identical to split because you play on electronic roulette, and you do not give a chip when you win a straight-up? In this case you are right.

I have read your reactions to the aggression on this forum. This aggressiveness pollutes the subjects. Here, Third offers a break and the discussion is ignored in favor of harassment. Or, you were before that on the topic "roulette is unbeatable", the discussion could become interesting on the patterns, but the critics came and the discussion was abandoned. It's always the same people who vandalize the discussions.

Since 2 days I no longer read the messages of the triad and I invite all members of the forum to do the same thing. Without listening on our part, they will not be able to exist anymore with their brutal functioning of "I know and you do not know". I said that these people also say things that are very far from a winning practice. I then have a serious doubt that they win at roulette. Some members who do not have a winning method should not expect anything from this triad, aggressive personalities do not bring anything constructive, they destroy. For some members, the advice of this triad seems interesting, such advice is already on other forums or already said by some other members here. Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:37:09 AM by Stratege »

Third

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »

It rolls from thread to thread.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:59:47 AM by Third »

The following users thanked this post: Jake007, Stratege

MickyP

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 08:39:37 AM »
According to Scepticus he only plays at B/M tables so you are wrong Stratege.

What can I say about your pity party post.
Nothing much....lol

Roulette is not about soppy emotional dribble.  Keeping your head in the game is not always easy and you can't let your liberal PC  culture get the better of you.

Call for a strike or stay away, it may free up space for more meaningful discussions instead of long posts branding anyone opposed to your dribble.

scepticus

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
I largely agree Stratege . Micky pretends to be the fount of all knowledge. He clearly states that he is out for a fight. No one who understands roulette would make the elementary mistakes that he makes .

Perhaps though, I should do as mako suggests and make no returnung insults.
Perhaps I should have answered mako's post by sayingsomething like  -

My Dear Mako
I should point out that you should adhere to your own advice that n0 insults should be made in forum. The  first  line in the post to which I took exception - WAS an insult . If you do not think so I beg to differ .

Yours faithfully..... scepticus .

scepticus

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »
Michael
I think you err in claiming  that" Playing straight up numbers is better than reducing them to splits. Economy is not always an advantage."
If you disagree then perhaps you would be kind enough to explain why straight - ups are better than splits.
Yours faithfully...scepticus

GIAJJENNO

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
Strategy

Why you say that ? The "Triad" (like others say, I think its nonsense) they are no bigger than you or others here, we are all equals, but maybe they have more experience and you could thank him that they share it here. You could also do this. I cant share big experience, I just try study and sometimes share ideas.

But everybody can join to the group, and members will follow you.

I also have question, what the s*** is this triad name? They are no bigger than others, so calm down everybody, its just an online roulette forum, or is it your life? Here are at least similar member knowledges example like Palestis.