Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: Playing with Quotes and Concepts  (Read 677 times)

vitorwally

Re: Playing with Quotes and Concepts
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »
@Third
Yes, you got it right.

The following users thanked this post: Third

scepticus

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
Vitor
Quote  Some stats after 7770221 RNG spins, when reaching a bankroll of 4000000 units. Base chip 1 unit,

Is your bankroll figure correct ?

vitorwally

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
@scepticus
Yes sir, affirmative.

scepticus

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
Well done  ! So what is the bankroll needed for this ? And what was  the highest stake/ drawdown  needed ? 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:01:50 PM by scepticus »

vitorwally

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »
@scepticus
Thank you. I was hoping this had some merits, so I'm happy the community here seems to like the results.
Regarding your questions, I may answer some of them in the future, as time goes on. I don't want to lay down posts about different matters all at the same time.
I answered Third's questions because they were about the stats I posted, and directed to the subject of the stats, the points of interruption of micro-sessions.
However, one of the questions you're lifting is already answered in one of the graphs I posted if you look with attention. Be free to check them.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:15:29 PM by vitorwally »

scepticus

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
I see no drawdown in the Mild Approach and onlya slight one in the Agressive Approach.
Am I right ?  If so it seems astonishing !

vitorwally

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:07 PM »
@scepticus
At this moment, and as the likes of MrPerfect. and you referred, since both approaches were similar, I moved to a sole procedure. I explained this at one of my previous posts.

vitorwally

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
Quote from: George Pólya
"The more ambitious plan may have more chances of success."

Lately I've being quite busy, and not logged in at the forum regularly, but I confess, I changed a little bit my mindset towards how to occupy the so-called "free time" I might have. I'm not spending the same time with roulette matters as I was before this topic appeared online. Don't get me wrong, I like to have my mind drifting around roulette problem solving, however, I enjoy to do other things as well, as a normal human being would. Reading and exploring other fields being one of them. Imagine my roulette "adventures" written in a book. This topic embodies the end of a chapter, and some day I might start writing the following one.

Today I got my eyes stumbled on the quote I placed as the very first sentence of this reply. That's The Inventor's Paradox. One may have to break more than what he desires to unriddle in order to get a properly working flow of information. One interpretation of this could drive us to solving problems having the most widespread frame to portrait the issue possible. Thinking in practicability, is it better to carry a device that it's aimed for a diverse role of functions (smartphone) or carry a function-oriented device for each function (camera, music player, calculator, cellphone, ...)?

Of course we might get our heads stuck at the borderline between common efficient problem solving, splitting big, hard, tedious tasks into smaller chunks and the approach advocated by Pólya. When are we going too far? Generally and personally speaking, it's hard to know. I guess I usually do a mix of both. Addressing the wider picture trying to phase its reasoning into a couple of steps.

Wrapping all this words and directing them to the topic I'm delivering them, now I realize how valuable the insight Pólya shares really is. At the middle of my journey towards the playing that lead me to create this topic, I had a way of dealing with DrTalos' ratio and weighing the value of my bets, balancing both. I was happy with it at first. It gave me what I was looking for and I had no reason to be unsatisfied. And why would I be? Still, I always had in mind some concerns about it that I wished I didn't had. I had a solution for a problem, but I ended with a revised version of it that anchors only 1 of the original concerns, being more concise and far-reaching, yet less context specific, outplaying the preceding versions speed-wise and in ease. What about the concern that was left alone? I guess we humans are never 100% fulfilled.

Concluding, is it time for a cliché? Yes, LESS IS MORE. Fellow branches:
- More can be done with less;
- More can lead us to what less may not;
GOLDEN RULE: perfection lies within what does more and more with less and less.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:50:50 PM by vitorwally »

The following users thanked this post: palestis, Third

vitorwally

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 07:51:36 PM »
DISCLAIMER: this post, and I may assert for the following ones on the same line, is not a "101", "dummies" or "step by step" guide. What I want is to help cultivate interest into roulette problem solving giving some starting points from what I have experienced. Thus, please don't choose the "attack fast lane" as it doesn't help anyone neither promotes the forum. Thank you.

This reply can go along in some measure with my previous one and maybe that's what prompted me to write again just afterwards. As I said I would, here I am giving a illustration of one my past developments. This picture represents one of my first non-chart tries to attempt to build something with DrTalos' canons. I came with the idea of putting this together after having several paper notes and methods around charts. I thought it was time for a slight change because I felt I was getting overly tied by my previous progresses. Thereby, I was on track for my first dynamic/flexible approach on this specific brainteaser, "translating" DrTalos' words into a math problem.

I'm not gonna extend this post much further, as I would like to see if some member(s) can reverse engineer what's going on the system. I know it's possible, this is not an absurd task since some aspects of this example are quite self-explanatory. Remember, this was an early step forward. Things like controlling bet wagering and other features I lightly mentioned at my opening post are not embedded on the picture. Being just a piece of the "puzzle", don't expect this to give immediate results. As outlined above, I took direction from DrTalos' main canons, any doubt please check'em first before rushing into questions. Have fun.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:13:03 PM by vitorwally »