Author Topic: "The Great Wall of China". Short story by Franz Kafka  (Read 1947 times)

mr j

Re: "The Great Wall of China". Short story by Franz Kafka
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »
There are a lot of silliness in this threat, IMO.
  I remind you that Slavery was legal, and an acceptable way to move to US (in chain and through ships). And was illegal free them.
  Was also legal deport and kill humans during Hitler's reign, and was illegal trying to save them (they kill rightfully you on the spot).
  In South Africa, was legal for a small minority of white have complete access to resources while blacks where second (third? Fourth?) class citizens...
  Please don't use legal in your argument.

A human being cannot be illegal. An action is illegal. So someone pushing at a border, seking asylum, is not illegal. Can be undocumented, like the vast majority of "illegal" resident in US (for the most part people overstaying their visa), and for them you don't need a wall, or a border security, but better laws, and cheaper immigration process.
  I can't believe that intelligent people can accept any idiotic words from this repellent President. It is a disgrace that he is in the position, but is even more disgraceful that people nowadays have lost so much of moral values, and judgment, to vote or approve anything he does and say.

ROFL, call it what you will. You are PLAYING with words. Ok, the person here (USA) is undocumented, do you at least agree they have NO RIGHT to be here?

Ken

DrTalos

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Depends on situation.
  If someone is legally protected, and then a moron change the law, shouldn't we consider them in a different situation then someone smuggling through the Rio Grande? (Every hints to DREAMERS is purely coincidental).
  I am not playing with words, I am showing the lack of deep thinking and the abundance of prejudices in some minds. Every categorization seems to me an offense on judgment. Undocumented means criminal? Not at all. Send lawyers to the borders, not soldier. Give opportunities, not tags. This country is great because of immigration, not despite of it.
  You, like me, are a direct descendant of an immigrant, if not immigrant yourself. Keep the rethoric to politics, who gains their living saying bulls***s, and keep human decency and moral values close to us. We will need them.

MickyP

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 06:34:25 PM »
"...and keep human decency and moral values close to us. We will need them." quote from DrTalos from the post above.

I am glad you mentioned "Moral Values" as important to humanity. I am pro-life and the degeneration of moral values currently being tabled by the democrats is appalling and totally disgusting. Governor Northam, a medical doctor has put forward a bill that will allow for abortion in the third trimester, in fact he clearly mentioned in a news conference that an infant just born will be kept comfortable and resuscitated on the mothers request; the medical staff and the mother would then discuss the fate of the infant. This is so wrong in every way.

There was no major outcry about this except from Fox News. BUT the KKK and Black Face represented in a photo taken some 30 years ago involving the good Doctor/Governor Northam has created a rather big racial storm.

As far as I am concerned this race, racist, racial issue has been far overplayed for some time now and is BS. Morgan Freeman gave an absolutely brilliant answer when asked about Black History month. I truly admire the man not only for his views on life but also for his stunning work as an actor.

President Trump is pro-life, he is pro-security for the American people. He is pro-keeping to his word. He is not without fault but he has delivered to the American people.
The fact that people find fulfillment in insulting the man on a public forum is really sad. Maybe you who insult the President should think about how life would have been under Hillary Clinton. Possibly a Third World Sh*thole based on the featherheads in the Dem Party.

The following users thanked this post: mr j, juice

MickyP

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 09:55:02 PM »
https://youtu.be/N0p_pQ7PTYU

Now this is a step in the right direction.

DrTalos

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 01:33:35 AM »
Your "Champion" insulted almost 600 people in three years (talking just about the written insults, ones during rallies are not counted). And he insulted the sitting president Obama of that time so many times that is hard to count. But yes it is sad that I do it in a forum...
  Your judgment is totally wrong. He only cares about his money and the attention he can get. He deregulated all enviromental protection in this country. Companies are free to pollute and destroy like never before. Please take your head out of your ...
  He is destroing the future for our children and grandchildren. He has no long term plan because is enable to think. Every member of his team says the same. He put his family members and friends in top position. He is corrupted to the bone. He is a liar and a con man.

Many despicable men in history had huge followers, and I always wondered how someone could have given support to Hitler, Mussolini and such. They talked about borders security, about jews stealing money and depriving honest german of their rightful well being, and they shook the ghost of nationalism to get ignorant and short minded people on their side.
  Now I know. Now I see how people that cannot pay regularly their bill support a billionaire who gives tax cuts to The wealthiest people in the country, cutting benefits for elderly, sick or disadvantaged men and women.
  Pro life is a topic, I agree. This doesn't means we need to have this presidency supported. Vice president says he speaks with angels, while we have no budget for education, or to have better infrastructures. Come on man, be back in this world. Use your head. Is really Trump a correct answer? Half of his cabinet is indicted, the rest will come later.
  His personal lawyer for years is one step out from jail. Fbi director has been fired, AG has been fired. No bells ringing?
  Michael, it is okay if you say that some instances are correct (security, abortion) but if this cost us the planet, maybe it is just too much, don't you think? Reality check: we do not have a second Earth.

Your very stable genius in the office is not stable, and sure not a genius.
  One last thing about race. Here, in US, 80% of people in jail are black or hispanic. Are worst than white or do they have les protection? If a black kid steal an apple goes to jail because he cannot afford 200 $ for bailing himself out. A white dude can have a loan from the bank of 50.000$ with the suspect of murdering someone. True story.
  With this, I am out.

The following users thanked this post: Rinad

mr j

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 02:11:38 AM »
Depends on situation.
  If someone is legally protected, and then a moron change the law, shouldn't we consider them in a different situation then someone smuggling through the Rio Grande? (Every hints to DREAMERS is purely coincidental).
  I am not playing with words, I am showing the lack of deep thinking and the abundance of prejudices in some minds. Every categorization seems to me an offense on judgment. Undocumented means criminal? Not at all. Send lawyers to the borders, not soldier. Give opportunities, not tags. This country is great because of immigration, not despite of it.
  You, like me, are a direct descendant of an immigrant, if not immigrant yourself. Keep the rethoric to politics, who gains their living saying bulls***s, and keep human decency and moral values close to us. We will need them.

Listen, I see which side of the isle you are on. I figured as much, you not liking the ILLEGAL tag. If you came into this country illegally, you are an ILLEGAL, sorry. If you over stayed your work/student visa, you are NOW here ILLEGALLY. Did you know Obama (the messiah) changed the definition from ILLEGAL to.... undocumented worker? Big surprise, hey? 

Sorry man, America is closed (or should be). I'm not for selecting a small % for entry, I'm for shutting the doors on ANYONE. So I can be a mean guy? Nope. The country is already trillions in debt and as soon as THEY are allowed in, the tax payers are on the hook. In many cases, for DECADES per each family. This is the country people go to in order to kick back and collect TAX PAYER goodies. Its bulls**t and needs to stop.

Rinad

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 02:53:32 AM »

Dr Talos you could not of explained it better so I have to said that you see truth and not stuck in a pigeon hole and that is everything!!!
Micky Trump is not for this or that  ,please is'nt obvious ?  come on guys , dont you know see Trump is for trump and trump only ???   he is sold out to the highest better and has no other agenda but making him great.
 like Talos mentioned he can care less about lies, his Trumpetiers followers, and the planet.  took all the restrictions Obama had passed.
think of it , he was a democrat and run as a republican only because they would give him the support he needed.
he would of run as anything as long as it would help him win.  he actually dont care about a wall or anything that he wants to do for as long as it gives him the support to run for a second term. 
if, for the sake of anderstanding his beliefs he would know that changing his entire position on absolutely everything would give him a second term he would actually change all of his positions in a heart beat because Trump is for Trump and dont give a flip about anyone else or making america great again.
sorry guys I hate to rain on your parade or to pop your red balloon but truth is reality.
I know first hand the guy has riped off so many people in the course of his life that nothing will change my mind about his immoral demanted mind set. 
the funny thing is;  if he would of riped you off you would hate him to, and that my friends is also a fact.
would'nt you ????
Rinad

mr j

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 02:56:32 AM »
Does anyone on the left ever make decisions based on debt/cash flow vs. feelings these days?

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

DrTalos

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:36 AM »
Sorry, wrong again. I am not liberal, and I am not democat, as I am not repubblican, or else. Those silly opinions guided by partnership and political adherence do not belongs to me.
  I use my mind, all the time. Sometimes I agree with "right" positions, sometimes with "left" positions. This is incidental, I grant you. I am not on board with legalize weed, and I would love to see regulations on weapons. I think that rich people must pay more taxes, and I think that no protection should be granted for lazy parasites who uses social benefits to lay on the couch all day long.
  Most of all, I think we need to have a better knowledge of issue we need to fight. Air pollution, climate change, bio diversity, non renewable energies, clean water, over population, deforestation, waste disposal are way more important than money, because at the end of the day we cannot eat dollar bills.
  Feelings? You and all Trump supporters seems unable to stay on topic when faced. You use your feelings not your reasoning. This wonderful country has shift from capitalistic democracy to plutocracy, and you all smarty pants can't see it.
  Problems are immigrants? You can't be serious. We have 35000 people killed by guns every year, in this country. Less than 3% from immigrants, and the astoninshing 0.2% of them from undocumented immigrants. All mass shootings are from deranged white Americans. Not a word on that?
  And what about feelings. Your President is the one acting on feelings all the time. Why are you using double standards? Why what he can do cannot be done by anything else? Imagine if Obama did one of the despicable thigs Trump did? Trump attacked Obama for golfing (shame on Obama). Trump attacked Obama for the shutdown (shame on Obama) Trump attacked Obama for federal deficit (shame on Obama). Now trump rewrote all those record and nobody says a thing.
  I can believe I have to explain all of this to grown up educated people.

MickyP

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 04:05:05 AM »
Your "Champion" insulted almost 600 people in three years (talking just about the written insults, ones during rallies are not counted). And he insulted the sitting president Obama of that time so many times that is hard to count. But yes it is sad that I do it in a forum...
  Your judgment is totally wrong. He only cares about his money and the attention he can get. He deregulated all enviromental protection in this country. Companies are free to pollute and destroy like never before. Please take your head out of your ...
  He is destroing the future for our children and grandchildren. He has no long term plan because is enable to think. Every member of his team says the same. He put his family members and friends in top position. He is corrupted to the bone. He is a liar and a con man.

Many despicable men in history had huge followers, and I always wondered how someone could have given support to Hitler, Mussolini and such. They talked about borders security, about jews stealing money and depriving honest german of their rightful well being, and they shook the ghost of nationalism to get ignorant and short minded people on their side.
  Now I know. Now I see how people that cannot pay regularly their bill support a billionaire who gives tax cuts to The wealthiest people in the country, cutting benefits for elderly, sick or disadvantaged men and women.
  Pro life is a topic, I agree. This doesn't means we need to have this presidency supported. Vice president says he speaks with angels, while we have no budget for education, or to have better infrastructures. Come on man, be back in this world. Use your head. Is really Trump a correct answer? Half of his cabinet is indicted, the rest will come later.
  His personal lawyer for years is one step out from jail. Fbi director has been fired, AG has been fired. No bells ringing?
  Michael, it is okay if you say that some instances are correct (security, abortion) but if this cost us the planet, maybe it is just too much, don't you think? Reality check: we do not have a second Earth.

Your very stable genius in the office is not stable, and sure not a genius.
  One last thing about race. Here, in US, 80% of people in jail are black or hispanic. Are worst than white or do they have les protection? If a black kid steal an apple goes to jail because he cannot afford 200 $ for bailing himself out. A white dude can have a loan from the bank of 50.000$ with the suspect of murdering someone. True story.
  With this, I am out.

Wow DrTalos, you certainly did put a lot into your post. I'll respond without resorting to insults or demeaning statements to get my points across. Regardless of your opinion of me at this time I still maintain my respect for you and therefore will not pass comment on where your head currently is. I will leave that as a riddle for the masses to solve. The clues are in your posts.

I did state that President Trump is not without fault as he is but a man. There are many who cast stones as if they do not have sins. The President was elected by the people based on his campaign promises. Elected in the same manner as all the presidents before him but in his case the dems cried foul. He did promise to jail Hillary and so far he hasn't fulfilled that promise. Bengazi is/was a real life situation where the US Ambassador lost his life and the emails that were intentionally destroyed is cause for alarm.Crooked Hillary still walks free.
Look at the numbers with the American economy; a promise made, a promise kept. Please watch the documentary I posted on global warming. It is a topic worthy of discussion. Global warming is a misleading narrative that rallies support from the masses.
As far as race is concerned regarding offenders behind bars it can be traced to culture and not to White supremacy or privilege. as is presumed. Also a topic worthy of discussion.

I have lived a very different life to many of you and I have seen life from many different points of view. I am firm in my stance and this is not due to indoctrination and peer pressure of any sort.

I feel Ken has very valid points about illegal immigrants. He asks questions that go unanswered because the answers will reveal the truth. In my truth I see President Trump is concerned about the welfare of ALL American CITIZENS.

The following users thanked this post: mr j

mr j

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2019, 04:10:55 AM »
Does anyone on the left ever make decisions based on debt/cash flow vs. feelings these days?

I dont care who claims to be or not be a liberal BUT its not tough to spot who you are. You can try and HIDE all you want. I am interested in an answer to my question/point?

mr j

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2019, 04:20:25 AM »
For those not very familiar with the US, unfortunately, everything these days is offensive to certain groups. Every person has some sort of rallying cry, a mission of sorts. I have never seen it this bad in my life and I am 50. The other day I held the door open for a lady (at a restaurant) and she went off on me big time!!
Calling me mister man and stick my chivalry up my a**. She is a strong independent woman 
 who can open her own door etc. There is a cause behind everything these days, its sickening. The term "assault" has changed over the past few years as well. These days, everything is assault (lol). Using foul names is now considered assault (sighs).  ::)

MickyP

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2019, 06:31:11 AM »
The latest is that Mary Poppins is racist because she blackened her face with soot in the dance with the chimney sweeps.
Hahaha.... can't beat that! But maybe the crazy bunch decide how dark the pale skin can tan before it is labelled racist or maybe how tight a perm can be without being racist.
What about the hot hair iron or the chicken neck and finger pointing in your face?

It seems that Whites are not allowed to borrow from Black peoples culture but yet Black people embrace western culture and aspire to it.

I say like Morgan Freeman stated, we should stop talking about it and learn to get along. There are so many good people who see past the pettiness of race, culture and religion and are not hell bent on hating anyone with a different opinion.

The KKK Black face picture of Gov Northam should be seen in the correct context. It was a fancy dress event and the costumes reflect a part of American history. Should expressing this history be reserved for Black people only? How about we call Michael Jackson a racist because he straightened his hair, bleached his skin and gave himself a pointy nose. I know, it sounds stupid and that's because it is stupid.

South Africa is no different to the USA. This country is more racist and divided today than it has ever been. Free speech is pretty much a thing of the past.

I will probably get blasted for my right wing white supremacist Nazi outlook on life even though I do not relate to it at all. It's just because I question things and want to know why people are so messed up morally these days.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:55:37 AM by MickyP »

The following users thanked this post: mr j

Badger

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
Hi Micky

I have come to the conclusion that the Dems and the Republicans are playing good cop, bad cop to divide the Americans even more.

Whatever the outcome, I feel that the man in the street will be the one that gets shafted.
I think that the proper term is Hegelian principle.

It consists of 3 steps. 1) Create a problem or conflict
                                2) Publicise the problem and create opposition to it
                                3) Offer a solution

Dane

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »
Hi Badger
Divide and conquer?

I am not able to evaluate Hegel, and Kant gives me a headache. Kant´s moral philosophy, however, might not be too difficult to understand. His "imperative" might be in tune with sound morals.
If you say anything or do anything to others, consider this: Would do or say something similar to your Grandma?