New Forum Address: ROULETTELIFE.COM
  Update your Bookmarks

Author Topic: Chasing??  (Read 792 times)

mr j

Chasing??
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:32:12 AM »
I see this term a lot and I simply dont get it. Chasing numbers, chasing hot numbers etc.
By my definition, chasing would be, betting on it/them TOO LONG or you are in the hole big and are CHASING numbers.

Not to get too specific but if I am betting on a few "hot" numbers, I bet on it/them for "X" number of spins and then back off but I dont CHASE them. So which definition of CHASE do you guys use? Please enlighten me.

Ken

MickyP

Re: Chasing??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:58:26 AM »
It's the same as "roulette is one long game".
If you have set a target and use more than one spin on it then it's a chase.
Simple.

Third

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:02:50 AM »
The best I understand is that it refers to continuing to raise one's bets instead of starting a new progression.

MickyP

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »
More than one bet is a chase; flat betting or progression. If a bet is repeated for the same target then I see it as a chase. Not like chasing chickens...lol

mr j

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:48:10 AM »
So the 32 hits, next spin is also 32. I then bet the 32 for ONE spin. Did I chase the 32?

mr j

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:51:49 AM »
Its also like this......the 24 has not hit in 150 spins. You bet on the 24 for the next 200 spins. You were CHASING the 24 (imo)

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 05:58:52 AM »
If you are that optimistic, yes. Could be a long chase or you could get a hit on the first or second spin.
Actually if you use virtual play to determine a target (could be a repeater or hot number) then the chase begins with your first money bet.
I suppose you could have a virtual chase as well.
So complicated yet so simple.

gizmotron

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 06:42:18 AM »

Actually if you use virtual play to determine a target (could be a repeater or hot number) then the chase begins with your first money bet.

You just identified the real test of experience, speculation, and the margin for factoring an explainable opportunity. Congratulation, you just opened the door of real discussion. The real test of expertise is in fact the "first money bet."

This should get real good. Experts and wannabee players are all listening.

The following users thanked this post: Third

MickyP

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 06:50:32 AM »
I'm afraid the conversation may loop around to probability theory, triggers, spin history and of course gamblers fallacy.

gizmotron

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »
I'm afraid the conversation may loop around to probability theory, triggers, spin history and of course gamblers fallacy.

Gamblers fallacy is the misguided belief that something is due so (you should chase that.)

The point of discussion is the first bet. What makes anyone think that the first bet will set the stage for whatever is to come next?

Third

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 07:53:40 AM »
Who knows what the wheel will do?  Eventually, no matter what we do, the wheel is going to have its way with us and we had better be prepared for that.

The following users thanked this post: gizmotron

MickyP

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »
The topic is "Chasing" and gamblers fallacy fall in line with chasing an expected result.
The first money bet is based on the method being played. Most methods are based on probability and many have a cut off point if the target is missed in X number of spins. Variance prohibits 100% success even with the best method employed.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 08:06:16 AM »
Wheel studies are possible and are performed by wise players to aquire ability to predict it's behaviour. 
   Such a study may be off limits for some players due to time or knowledge restrictions,  but such do not reflect overall predictability of the wheels out there.

gizmotron

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 08:43:19 AM »
Wheel studies are possible and are performed by wise players to aquire ability to predict it's behaviour. 
   Such a study may be off limits for some players due to time or knowledge restrictions,  but such do not reflect overall predictability of the wheels out there.

What a crock of shieYite pheckal-mile. Anyone can guess the best next bet based on magical bet selection bull sh*t. But can they live to fight another day after normal swings of changing conditions. bad bet selection ca produce a losing streak.

The following users thanked this post: mr j

MrPerfect.

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »
Gizmo , luck of capabilities is not a reason to post denial garbage. I sudjest you to read your answer to my post and think how it's related to the post. Not understanding something or not being able is not a reason to be bitching around, it's  a wake up call for you to evolve.