Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: Migrant caravans  (Read 12693 times)

Re: Migrant caravans
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2019, 04:37:10 AM »
It's like they say... If you're under thirty and vote for the right, you have no heart.  If you're over 30 and vote for the left you have no brain. 

Dane

« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2019, 07:55:15 AM »
A reply to gizmotron (#238):

TIME FOR SCHOOL

"In news media, echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced be communication and repetition inside a closed system.

By visiting an "echo chamber", people are able to seek out information which reinforces their existing views, potentially as an unconscious exercise of confirmation bias. This may increase political and social polarization and extremes".
                                                                Quote from  en. Wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_ Chamber_(media)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:01:31 AM by Dane »

The following users thanked this post: thomasleor, gizmotron

thomasleor

« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »
God damn, Dane, you beat me to it. Was about to post that this morning, but I guess Danes are way better waking up in the morning than Swedes.

Btw, I read about the train disaster over the Great Belt Bridge. A real tragedy. I hope the surviving and wounded recover swiftly and find  a way to cope with life after this catastrophe.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:13:25 AM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: Dane

Dane

« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2019, 08:23:24 AM »
Thanks! It is the early worm that catches the bird!

Inside the museums, infinity goes up on trial.
Voices echo: This is what salvation must be like after a while"
But Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles 

(Bob Dylan in "Visions of Johanna").

After waking up, drinking coffee ,and meditating, I bought DIE ZEIT.
Unfortunately this weekly  German newspaper usually takes a little longer to reach Sweden.
On the front page: "Das Geheimnis des Leonardo da Vinci".
I´ll read that.

The following users thanked this post: thomasleor

thomasleor

« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
Our Tuscan genius Leonardo had many secrets, so the last one, a catchy phrase btw (and good movie title), must be a thriller ;)

scepticus

« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »
It's like they say... If you're under thirty and vote for the right, you have no heart.  If you're over 30 and vote for the left you have no brain.
This is what passes as wisdom in some quarters .
" THEY "live  in Echo Chambers .

gizmotron

« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »
A reply to gizmotron (#238):

TIME FOR SCHOOL

"In news media, echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced be communication and repetition inside a closed system. ...

Oh, the news media trick. I had no idea this was the news. But they do get the metaphor from the sound reinforcement community.

Dane

« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2019, 07:41:15 AM »
An old friend of mine of with a degree in English language and literature
has a daughter who is now occupied with ACOUSTICS. I just had a good laugh mailing them to hear if they know the metaphor.

MickyP

« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2019, 07:55:43 AM »
Dane, your use of the phrase "Echo Chamber" was used to mock Ken for posting on this topic post after post without others responding. I like you but that was a cheap shot.

I follow this topic with interest even if I don't post so, No, there is no echo chamber on this topic. Ken is not speaking (posting) and listening (reading) to himself. You should look at the views on the topic to determine an echo....lol

One thing I know is that you love music and the echo effect has been used to enhance the sound quality of some notes and vocals.

Dane

« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2019, 08:49:42 AM »
A cheap shot? I can assure you
that I don´t owe a shotgun.

How many people have been killed in The United States
because of easy access to weapons? Should we make killing great again?
What a shameful waste of time to argue.

Voices echo: "This is what salvation must be like after a while".

MickyP

« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2019, 08:08:24 PM »
hahaha,,, Dane you are such a tuned in musician.

https://youtu.be/VKCdjfL3GXA

The comments to this video really put things in perspective as far as nationalism is concerned.

I did say in an earlier post to follow the French story.

MickyP

« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
Migrant caravans, boarder wall funding, government shutdown, Pelosi being grounded (funny)... the show goes on.
Ken posted a documentary on the drug problem in the United States and it is truly sad to see how people get sucked into addiction.
The US southern boarder with Mexico is the gateway for drug flow into the United States. If boarder security can be enhanced with a wall and can drastically reduce the drug flow that affects hundreds of thousands of American citizens then the wall should be completed as a matter of urgency.

Many problems plaguing the United States can be reduced to a controllable level with an effective boarder wall.
For as long as the wall remains incomplete people will continue filtering up from central America to the United States.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:21:03 AM by MickyP »

The following users thanked this post: mr j

mr j

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

DrTalos

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2019, 03:45:47 AM »
Drugs come in from port of entry and airports. Please educate yourself. A wall will be good just for the people building it... what you say, Trump companies will have a share of it? Don't you say...

mr j

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:20 AM »
Funny you mention that. Yes, drugs get caught coming in through legal ports. No way I would disagree with that. MY ISSUE, what are the stats of drugs coming in via non-legal ports? The ??, how do we know?
You are only quoting the information from the people *CAUGHT*

The following users thanked this post: MickyP