Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: I just have to post it!!  (Read 1338 times)

mr j

Re: I just have to post it!!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
"I do, the right was pretty upset, privately, about Obama" >> I didn't ask that.

mr j

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »
"If your show makes money, you ain't going anywhere" >> Do you agree with that? Would M. Kelly be on air Monday??

Hello

mr j

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 09:56:54 PM »
Do you FEEL Fallon should of been fired?

Mako

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »
"If your show makes money, you ain't going anywhere" >> Do you agree with that? Would M. Kelly be on air Monday??

Absolutely not.  Money is the enemy, it's the "why" answer to each and every one of your concerns about this country.  It literally is the be-all, end-all, and the public is an uneducated, unwilling pawn in this game.  Doing the bidding of the Koch brothers, or Soros, or insert-your-most-hated-oligarch-here, whose opinions about the world very few share.

The pawns are controlled by their tribal media leaders, they mobilize them through fear and anger, constantly telling their audiences how the "other" side is actively trying to undo and destroy their way of life.

24/7.

That's pretty destructive, it's an influence that's hard to get people to kick.  We all hear what we want to hear, and when a network is preaching hatred of the OTHER side all day long, every single day, it probably makes it a bit tough for those bases to work together when it's necessary.

Mako

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Do you FEEL Fallon should of been fired?

Already answered previously.

"Roseanne and Fallon/Kimmel should not be fired".

mr j

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »
Tamara Burke & Alysa Milano started METOO, both liberals.

Both victims as well.

On Kimmel/Roseanne, I don't feel either should have been fired.  The court of public opinion has to judge these sorts of things, through low-ratings (as they are with Megan), not via PC "social justice".

I dont see Fallon in that but whatever. So Fallon keeps his job (lol) and thats okay? You are as bias as bias can be. HYPOCRITE. If Sean Hannity did blackface, fired, correct?

mr j

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 10:05:57 PM »

Mako

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 10:09:39 PM »
Tamara Burke & Alysa Milano started METOO, both liberals.

Both victims as well.

On Kimmel/Roseanne, I don't feel either should have been fired.  The court of public opinion has to judge these sorts of things, through low-ratings (as they are with Megan), not via PC "social justice".

I dont see Fallon in that but whatever. So Fallon keeps his job (lol) and thats okay? You are as bias as bias can be. HYPOCRITE. If Sean Hannity did blackface, fired, correct?

If I didn't want Roseanne fired, then I definitely wouldn't want Hannity fired for a blackface skit. 

I feel that entertainers in particular should be given latitude, as comedians typically have been given in the past, because a lot of comedy has to push the boundary a bit in order to be brilliant.  Roseanne was a brilliant comedienne, one who seems to be struggling a bit in terms of her mental state, and I didn't want her sanctioned or affected by her spitting/cursing during her famous baseball national anthem routine years ago, and I didn't want her fired for her unfortunate transgression on twitter either.

I'd rather see people whom she respects reach out to her, help her understand why what she did was hurtful, help educate her and let her reach a new level of understanding or empathy herself.  We shouldn't tear others down as much as help them, provided they actually want the help.

mr j

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »
From Kimmel to Hannity >>> “Don't worry - just keep tweeting - you'll get back on top! (or does Trump prefer you on bottom?) <<< Where was the outrage from the left for that gay remark? HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Mako

mr j

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
"then I definitely wouldn't want Hannity fired for a blackface skit" >> Would the inconsistent loony left want Hannity fired for doing that? Absolutely and you know it.

mr j

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »
And Kobe Bryant? Any comment?

mr j

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 10:16:10 PM »
Liberal hypocrisy is the act of a liberal saying or doing a certain thing for which they condemn others in doing. Liberal hypocrisy can extend as far as condemning a conservative position yet embracing the same position it if it becomes a liberal position. An example of liberal hypocrisy is that liberals will often criticize George W. Bush for drinking in his youth, although they do not criticize Barack Obama who blatantly admitted to using drugs and who smoked[1] well after sponsoring a harsh tobacco bill and drinks alcohol.[2] Several years later, Obama realized he was exhibiting liberal hypocrisy to his children regarding his smoking, and in a rare display of common sense, finally stopped.[3]  This demonstrates that open-mindedness can overcome liberal hypocrisy, even among its most ardent practitioners.  Sadly, liberals did not follow

Mako

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
From Kimmel to Hannity >>> “Don't worry - just keep tweeting - you'll get back on top! (or does Trump prefer you on bottom?) <<< Where was the outrage from the left for that gay remark? HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!

There actually was some anger about that, Bob Iger (Disney CEO, Trump campaign donator, registered Republican) spoke to Kimmel directly after that event and enforced a period of "quiet" from him on social media afterwards that went for a good bit of time.

The level of outrage may not seem equal, but remember, there's not much outrage by groups aligned against an enemy with the perpetrator of the offensive act...LGBT groups don't get too fired up if the target of the offense was a bigger threat to them (Hannity/Trump perceived as a bigger threat than Kimmel's offensive remark, etc).

That's also an effect of tribalism, the whole "anything anyone on MY team does is OK, but it's NOT ok if one of THEM does it".

Wrong is wrong in my book, and Kimmel was wrong there in terms of what he wrote.

Mako

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20:57 PM »
Liberal hypocrisy is the act of a liberal [nofollow] saying or doing a certain thing for which they condemn others in doing. Liberal hypocrisy [nofollow] can extend as far as condemning a conservative [nofollow] position yet embracing the same position it if it becomes a liberal position. An example of liberal hypocrisy is that liberals will often criticize George W. Bush [nofollow] for drinking in his youth, although they do not criticize Barack Obama [nofollow] who blatantly admitted to using drugs [nofollow] and who smoked[1] [nofollow] well after sponsoring a harsh tobacco bill and drinks alcohol [nofollow].[2] [nofollow] Several years later, Obama realized he was exhibiting liberal hypocrisy to his children regarding his smoking, and in a rare display of common sense, finally stopped.[3] [nofollow]  This demonstrates that open-mindedness [nofollow] can overcome liberal hypocrisy, even among its most ardent practitioners.  Sadly, liberals did not follow

The second part is debunked, Obama didn't use the term "liberal hypocracy" when speaking to the kids about smoking, he simply said it was hypocritical of him to have smoked and experimented in his youth while now trying to force his kids down a different path.

It wasn't political of course, all parents do the same usually, but I like how that quote twists it, making it somehow connected to a phantom and false "liberal" hypocracy, as if they have the corner on that market.  Very appealing to members of the right I'm sure, as are similar anti-Trump false propaganda pieces made to look as if they actually happened on the left.

Hypocracy is rampant between not only both parties themselves, but also in their followers.  And that's a shame, because hypocracy truly is the real enemy, I agree with you on that.

mr j

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2018, 10:38:54 PM »
A person cant debate with someone who is bias, regardless if its roulette or politics. Your mind is made up BEFORE the posts. You are a hypocrite and I guess that is your right. If you feel the earth is flat, is there any point arguing with you? Not really. (just as example).

You could have ten posters attack you and you'll still think its flat. Point being for YOU loony lefties, please have the ***SAME*** standards/punishments for BOTH sides of the isle.You might not think Roseanne should be fired but lets see a poll done on 10,000 lefties and see what it looks like.