Author Topic: I just have to post it!!  (Read 2556 times)

Mako

Re: I just have to post it!!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
The #MeToo movement, started by lefties again. All about FEELINGS. You take Kobe Bryant a couple years ago winning an Oscar. He is a black liberal (his words). So he wins and the mostly liberal crowd applaud and applaud and applaud. Elite Hollywood hypocrites. DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#MeToo movement was started by [victims], corrected that for you.  Nothing wrong with it, anyone with a victim of a workplace sexual assualt in their family can attest that while there have been misteps by that movement, it's better that something like it exists versus just the silence with no accountability for people like Weinstein.

Megan Kelley is being fired for poor ratings. 

The blackface is a bulls*** excuse, a handy one that the network is very thankful came along as it may allow them to get out of paying her the guaranteed portion of her remaining contract.  It's always, alllllllways, about the money.  Nothing else matters.

Meanwhile right-wing media is ginning you up Ken, making you think it was about the blackface.  They're instilling fake-outrage in you, and you're falling for it.  Awesome.  Don't let them! When a Fox talking head tells you something, QUESTION IT. 

It's always about the money...which is why Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon are NOT being fired.  Outrage or not, their shows are doing well.  If they weren't...the network would find a similar excuse to Megan Kelley's excuse, and fire them.  That's how it works. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:32:02 PM by Mako »

mr j

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 09:31:12 PM »
For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.
They portray themselves as open-minded members of society, but their tones quickly change when someone disagrees with them politically. Dare to disagree with a liberal and you will often be faced by an intolerant, uncaring and sometimes even violent person.
A group of Trump supporters at the University of California-Berkley’s #March4Trump were quickly thrown into the middle of this liberal hypocrisy when attempting to peacefully exercise their First Amendment rights. Several of the Trump supporters ended up being assaulted, including an elderly man who collapsed to the ground, and a free speech sign and flags were photographed being burned.
Outrageous. This isn’t North Korea. But, unfortunately, what happened at Berkley serves as just another example of liberals claiming to be proponents of diverse thoughts and beliefs, while never actually following the tolerant words and ideas that they consistently preach.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:36:33 PM by mr j »

mr j

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 09:34:34 PM »
Tamara Burke & Alysa Milano started METOO, both liberals.

mr j

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »
Real simple, do you FEEL (lol) Kimmel & Fallon should of been fired?

Mako

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
ALYSIS/OPINION:For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.
They portray themselves as open-minded members of society, but their tones quickly change when someone disagrees with them politically. Dare to disagree with a liberal and you will often be faced by an intolerant, uncaring and sometimes even violent person.
A group of Trump supporters at the University of California-Berkley’s #March4Trump were quickly thrown into the middle of this liberal hypocrisy when attempting to peacefully exercise their First Amendment rights. Several of the Trump supporters ended up being assaulted, including an elderly man who collapsed to the ground, and a free speech sign and flags were photographed being burned.
Outrageous. This isn’t North Korea. But, unfortunately, what happened at Berkley serves as just another example of liberals claiming to be proponents of diverse thoughts and beliefs, while never actually following the tolerant words and ideas that they consistently preach.

All of which, every word, can be applied to the Right.  They are just as intolerant, just as extreme, and just as anti-rights if something doesn't go their way.

So if both sides fall victim of this tribalism, especially lately, the question has to be "why"...why now?  Why is it so bad now?

And the answer is the advent of 24 hour media channels that pander to their audiences by spreading falsehoods, inaccurate accounts, misleading stories, and other propaganda, designed to attract eyeballs and pad their wallets with ad revenue.

It's just that simple.

The networks are more extreme with their falsehoods in recent years because it rewards them with higher ratings.  You can't be extreme enough, there's no limit really, because the audience never says "hey....that's out of line...colluding with Russia to help win an election by either party is treason. There is no place for it in our democracy".  You'd never hear the left say that if Hillary colluded with Russia, just as you never hear anyone, anyone at all, on the right saying it's an act of treason if Trump did in fact collude with a foreign power to influence our process.

We're so tribal in our outlook, the enemy is the enemy, and anything MY tribe does is justified, while everything THEY do is wrong, that we no longer evaluate things on an issue by issue basis.  We just practice groupthink based on what our party leaders tell us.

mr j

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Starting tomorrow (Monday) would M. Kelly be on the air if she did not mention the black face thing? Perhaps later on down the road fired over POOR ratings?

Mako

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
Tamara Burke & Alysa Milano started METOO, both liberals.

Both victims as well.

On Kimmel/Roseanne, I don't feel either should have been fired.  The court of public opinion has to judge these sorts of things, through low-ratings (as they are with Megan), not via PC "social justice".

What Roseanne said was horrendous, I can't imagine having my race or nationality described in that way, the outright hurt it must cause each time it happens must be insane...particularly with their history. Blackface in my mind in no way compares to that level of hurt, however, I don't feel that Roseanne should have been fired.

She should do what all popular figures have to do, which is take her lumps, get educated on the subject, do a public mea culpa apology, and go back to work.  And if she fails after that point, the show doesn't do well, it should go.  If it does, it should stay.

mr j

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 09:42:54 PM »
"just as extreme, and just as anti-rights if something doesn't go their way" >> Ohhhh, you mean like when the Messiah was voted in (twice), the protests, "not my president", riots etc.
Do you feel the REACTIONS (not comments) were the SAME on both sides when Obama & Trump were voted in??

Mako

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
Starting tomorrow (Monday) would M. Kelly be on the air if she did not mention the black face thing? Perhaps later on down the road fired over POOR ratings?

They were actively looking for a way to bounce her, whether it was Monday or a month or two from now.  It's about money, she's expensive, her show is expensive, and the ad revenue for the show wasn't meeting the network's expectations.

If it was, they'd have her apologize and continue rolling that money train down the tracks, as they have previously with other missteps from popular network people (Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, etc). 

If your show makes money, you ain't going anywhere... ;D

mr j

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 09:44:36 PM »
It should make ZERO DIFFERENCE if ratings are good or bad. Its either fired OR not fired!!!!!!!!!!!  (lol)

mr j

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »

mr j

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
What about Fallon?

mr j

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »
"If your show makes money, you ain't going anywhere" >> Do you agree with that? Would M. Kelly be on air Monday??

Mako

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 09:52:17 PM »
"just as extreme, and just as anti-rights if something doesn't go their way" >> Ohhhh, you mean like when the Messiah was voted in (twice), the protests, "not my president", riots etc.
Do you feel the REACTIONS (not comments) were the SAME on both sides when Obama & Trump were voted in??

I do, the right was pretty upset, privately, about Obama, from the very start.  They just hid the outrage so as not to be seen as 'racist' or counter to the popular movement of the country at that time. 

You were percieved to be on the "wrong" side of history if you spoke out against Obama at that time, and today you're pecieved as being on the "right" side of history if you do speak out against Trump.

In no way am I saying that either feeling is correct, but that was/is the perception and why the right hid their angst, for a while, when Obama was first elected, which explains why people are so emboldened at the moment to do their cute little "restaurant confrontations" against prominent republicans.  They think they're doing something right.

Yelling at a bunch of black restaurant-goers in a similarly loud way back in 2008 wouldn't have been a good look, heheh, hence why they were smart enough not to do it.

mr j

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
The four days that sank Megyn Kelly and sparked a vicious standoff inside NBC News began with a simple, cheery welcome to her “Today” show audience.
“I have to give you a fair warning,” Ms. Kelly said as the cameras went live at 9 a.m. on Tuesday. “I’m a little fired up over Halloween costumes this morning.”
By day’s end, Ms. Kelly — the former Fox News anchor whose television stardom once looked limitless — was in crisis, besieged with criticism for wondering aloud on-air why it was inappropriate for white people to dress up in blackface.
On Friday, NBC announced that “Megyn Kelly Today” was no more, as the host and network tussled over the terms of her exit.