Author Topic: Born with it, with talent?  (Read 1929 times)

Rinad

Re: Born with it, with talent?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 09:51:44 PM »

some people are,through DNA, predisposed to be very good at certain things.
but, and there is a big but there, it is only developed if pursued with stong effort and discipline.

Tiger wood is talented, but if you speak with any great athlete they will tell you that talent in itself is not enough.
you could be very talented and broke for ever.
prisons are filled with talents, but they will never see the light of day because they did not have the dicipline to stay away from hard drugs, scams,ect..... sad.
on the other hand somewhat with mediocre talent but the DESIRE to make will out perform the hare who thinks he is so quick he can play around all day and beat the turtle to the finish line.
DESIRE IS THE KEY. not to play, but to win!
Cheers,

Rinad

MrPerfect.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 10:14:13 PM »
If someone is "talented" on something,  it's last thing he should be doing. There no paradox in my words. These who got a gift do use it. They do not evolve. Real mastery of something is possible with hard work and constant effort .

Dane

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »
"It´s a wonder that you still know how to breathe" (Bob Dylan) . :)

One out of ten thousand or so is gifted with "perfect pitch".
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was in another league. Any other classical composer in the Western world left REMOVED NOTES AND corrections. The notes from Mozart seemed to come in a finished form.
Not one single note from him had been scratched out, modified or changed as far as we know.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:09:11 AM by Dane »

MrPerfect.

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 11:15:34 PM »
I do not like his music. Do not know what he smoked, but would love to know in order to avoid. 
   If we are speaking about real skill , Beethoven should be mentioned. The guy was deaf!!! Comparison between him and any other is just meaningless. 

Dane

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 06:38:08 AM »
So you don´t like Mozart, but of course this does not make you an expert on real skill. And it does not explain the note case. Mozart did not smoke his notes, you know! Of course we should avoid what we can´t understand, although many people find harmony in Mozart´s music.

I am gifted/cursed  with "perfect pitch", but I don´t read notes at all. I am just an amateur. Recently I played parts of Beethoven´s piano sonata No. 21  for some people. Extremely difficult. When I did my homework at my piano, it struck me how advanced this "Waldstein sonata" is.

scepticus

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
The point being made Mr.P is that those with inborn talent can do it with  ease and with little or no effort while we mere mortals need , as you admit,  hard work and constant effort .

mr j

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 08:25:24 PM »
All great posts guys but do you believe SOME are given a GIFT upon birth from a higher up?

MickyP

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »
I think MrPerfect meant to say that people born with gifts/talents should not pursue their gifts/talents because it will inhibit growth through exploring other elements of life. Gifted with music, no, learn engineering instead. learn something that will challenge your mind rather than something that requires little effort to master because you have an advantage of being gifted/talented.

scepticus

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 08:41:29 PM »
So peoplewith an inborn talent should not use it  ?But should pursue something difficult  in order to challenge his/her mind ? Tell that to the talented who earn millions through using their talents ! And earn more thousands/ millions  through sponsorships etc. BECAUSE they chose to make the best use of their talents.

What a strange point of view !

scepticus

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 08:48:53 PM »
ken
In matters religious  I am an unbeliever  so I don't believe in a HIGHER POWER. I DO believe that some have  an inborn talent . Not only that but I think that it is obvious in some  . You and Mr P don't so you have to explain  what is meant by the word "talent ". 

mr j

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 08:52:24 PM »
Come on, now we're gonna argue over the word talent? Bob is a great chef. Frank never cooks. Bob has great talent. There, done.

scepticus

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
 Come on, now we're gonna argue over the word talent? Bob is a great chef. Frank never cooks. Bob has great talent. There, done.

??? :D :D :D ROFL  !

The following users thanked this post: mr j

MickyP

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
So peoplewith an inborn talent should not use it  ?But should pursue something difficult  in order to challenge his/her mind ? Tell that to the talented who earn millions through using their talents ! And earn more thousands/ millions  through sponsorships etc. BECAUSE they chose to make the best use of their talents.

What a strange point of view !

Hahaha... I cited my interpretation of MrPerfect's post. The one that you got all wrong. Ask MrPerfect to explain it to you, maybe by using pictures...lol

scepticus

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »
I look forward to the pictures ! :D