Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: Born with it, with talent?  (Read 1167 times)

mr j

Born with it, with talent?
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
You hear it a lot. A skilled person born with talent, God's gift etc.

The master pianist, was God's gift to him/her. LeBron James.....gifted from birth, God's gift to him. Dont get me wrong, I'm not arguing regarding "God" per say. My main disagreement, I dont believe a person is BORN with the gift of....."whatever".
I believe its all earned through hard work, dedication and tons & tons of practice. YES, NO?
Ken

Fedda

Re: Born with it, with talent?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:26:06 PM »
If a 6 year old can play Bach fluently on piano, it has to be more then hard work, dedication and tons of practice.

mr j

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
Meaning? What else? Say it.........

MickyP

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
The "gift of the gab" is something many believe they have but few practice it.
I believe some people are born with an affinity for specific things and because the interest is already there, the learning process becomes as easy as learning to walk. Some people are great all-rounders but not very many of them succeed to great heights. It depends on how passionate and magnetized you  are to a chosen field. Biological makeup contributes a fair deal to your passions. Tall means basketball is in and so on.

You need passion, drive and commitment. The more you practice the better you become.

Having said the above, I'm not sure how a 4 year old can master a piano like some can. I guess Sheldon Cooper comes in different forms.

mr j

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
I simply dont believe....God gave Bob the gift of golf but not to Frank. I'm not buying it. Tiger Woods was NOT born with a golf gift (imo).

MickyP

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:52:22 PM »
Some people only discover their gifts/talents later in life while others drop out because a pretty girl smiled at them. We have all been blessed with "gifts" but the life we are introduced into doesn't always allow for some gifts to be practiced. The limitations in our corner of the world prohibit many from discovering their gifts. Look at the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team in the movie "Cool Runnings". Guys that have never seen snow in their lives.

Life is not a mechanical roulette game. There are so many factors that influence our lives and the odds of people missing their gifts are great so we can't say that only some are gifted while others not.

To realise a gift one should have an inner passion for it and develop a driving force that enables them to pursue it with vigor. In many cases a support structure is necessary and this is not always possible/ Such is life. Unfair odds.

I was told that I should never join a debating club because I suck at it. Hence my willingness to debate this topic. I may just improve.  ;D [size=78%] [/size]

The following users thanked this post: BlueAngel

mr j

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »
Do you believe God (your God) gives people GIFTS upon birth? "Born with a gift".

MickyP

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 06:59:38 PM »
Yes. God also teaches lessons to those who he feels need a hand up.

mr j

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
Example?

mr j

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »
So, God gives gifts to some but not all? Before you say, everyone is GREAT at something, really??
I know a *TON* of people in their 40s & 50s and they are good/great at NOTHING!!! (lol) Literally nothing.

So Tiger Woods gets a golf gift from God but Brenda down the street is s**t out of luck? Are there different degrees of gifts? Comparing golf (Tiger Woods) vs. Brenda, she can whistle VERY good.

petespin

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Well some people born with talent like lionel messi . but u have to work on it , or u ll fail whatever u do in your life , on the other hand there s in life what is call perception , for ex roulette is very hard to beat by almost anyone , but there are guys that seems can beat the game no matter what system or method they play speaking personally i dont believe that thete s in life anything unbeatable , the only thing u need is to follow the rigjt way , maybe it sounds easy but its not , u have to work very hard to be in a position to find solutions to anything u related with , cheers pete

MickyP

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »
Ken, There is an opportunity for Brenda on Americas got talent. Maybe some whistling country band will snap her up.

I see where you are going with this. Your question should be "Why are only a few people (talented) able to make money from what many perceive to be a gift (again, talent)?
The whole thing goes about money and that to me is not a good yardstick to judge peoples gifts or talents.

mr j

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »
Well I dont know. Can you be very talented and poor?

MickyP

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 09:19:16 PM »
I watch a video called "The man with he golden voice". The guy really has an amazing voice but bad habits caused him to lose everything and he was on the street begging, so sad. I won't say how it ends so look it up and enjoy.

It's what we do with our talents and how we affect others with it that matters. Many talented people fall from grace or cut their lives short for an array of reasons. Many talented musician can be seen on streets and in small pubs trying to make a living. There is limited space on the money train to accommodate every talented person,

Talent is not limited to preforming arts or sport. I will post the link to a short video clip that was on one of our TV channels about a young boy who is great with math and is a living calculator. Pardon the accent and broken English, he is an Afrikaans boy.

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 09:27:33 PM »
https://youtu.be/UUDVM7iV-Yg

We should get him to help us understand the 9 blocks...lol

The following users thanked this post: BlueAngel