New Forum Address: ROULETTELIFE.COM
  Update your Bookmarks

Author Topic: Even chance progressions  (Read 1189 times)

Badger

Re: Even chance progressions
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »
If you have an even chance hitting at 77%, why would you need a progression?  ???

Sputnik

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »

Well i have games where i flatbetting with around 60% strike ratio and do just fine.
But i also have down swings even if i have positive expectation and does would be more profitable if i used a smooth progression.

But there is other ways to tackle things then using smooth progression.
Some one can divide the bankroll into four parts, for example 400 400 400 400
And when you double one section you split the winning among the four to 500 500 500 500

With this situation you can raise you unit size.

I recommended Holloways progression, but it seems it did not workout with hes selection.
And this smooth progression works great with anything above 50% strike ratio.

Cheers

mr j

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »
Too many numbers, it won't work.

Ken

The following users thanked this post: dklee100

MrPerfect.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 07:13:08 PM »
Ken... sometimes too many numbers are not too many. Ones Masterroulette guy show me wheel online where as much as 27 numbers bet was profitable.
   Funny thing is..  it was required to bet 27 numbers in order to win ( cover all dispersion ), if not random fluctuations could very well kill smaller bankroll. 
   Yes... l know ..  it was a shock for me as well. I tried wheel with fun money, result was good... but l never actually bothered to explore it. Maybe l did a mistake, but 27 numbers is a bit too much for me as well.

scepticus

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »
27 number bet ?

Consider 2 EVs
Red -Odd or Black-Even.
Each contain 10 numbers .
In EC theory they each have a 1 in 4 chance -ignoring zero.
RO
RE
BO
BE
Betting against either if them leaves 27 numbers to bet including zero, so over 4 spins we should neither win or lose !
In theory.

Dane

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 08:09:27 AM »
27 numbers? (27/37)^2 = 0.5325.
To scepticus.  Consider 2 other combinations: Red-Even or Black-Odd.
Only 8 numbers here and there. I once used these combinations in a kind of PAROLI (anti-martingale),
say double up only after hitting the 8 numbers. In all other cases: Back to minimum bets.
Noone knows how long a coming series is going to be, so deciding  exactly when to stop can cause double trouble stress. BUT BETTING AS INDICATED I KNEW THAT IN MOST CASES I WOULD LEAVE THE PROGRESSION WITHOUT LOSING BOTH HERE AND THERE.

dobbelsteen

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »
There is not a  HG system. Every system with a strategy has the potentiality to make a profit .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

scepticus

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
 The 27 number bet was Just an observation , Dane, The 8 number bet shows a loss.
Actually. I had already covered your 8 number bet in the thread Scep's Strategies .
.I don't accept that the Odds against us is the real problem. I think it is he Randomness of the winning numbers,Those who think it is only the unfair odds need to  explain why there are Professional Gamblers who profit in other gambling spheres . Such as Horse Racing where the unfair odds are even higher than in roulette.

scepticus

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »
DobbelsteenI have never claimed that any system is the Holy Grail. The randomness of each winning number prevents it.Yes. Systems allied to a strategy can be profitable which is why we continue to play roulette .

Dane

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 11:31:09 AM »
So you have already "covered" my bets? With paroli? The difference between the mentioned combinations might seem small; but I can assure you that it means much to your nerves when rolling high.
When stepping down from higher steps of the paroli it means much whether you lost it all or not. There is nothing like stating the obvious: 8 numbers make us win both here and there.
                                                                     8    -           -      -       -   lose  -      -      -     -     -
TWENTY NUMBERS make us start anew after winning here and losing there
(and Zero exists).

KNOWING that we´ll step down in a good way in most cases is better for your nerves than the alarming doubt about when to stop.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:36:02 AM by Dane »

scepticus

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »
Paroli ?Nope . I am opposed to progressions  other than a one-step or, at most, a two -step . We need to focus on the Bet Selection.  Even the best progression won't win without a reasonable bet selection. 

The following users thanked this post: mr j, MrPerfect., MickyP

MickyP

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
I second your opinion Scepticus.

Dane

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
This topic: "Even chance progressions". You don´t support them. Not even mine. That´s fine :)
I tried the mentioned one a long time ago. But mostly I (too) prefer flat betting (masse égale).