Author Topic: Littes BETTING HORSE RACES AND SOCCER BETTING  (Read 15600 times)

scepticus

Re: Littes BETTING HORSE RACES AND SOCCER BETTING
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
I think we need to know the SP before actually deciding to bet. SPs can be a help in our decisions. Anyway , here goes for today .
2.10 Uttoxeter ….Collodi

1.50 Doncaster…Invincible Army

2.25 Doncaster …Petrus

2.40 Kempton…Desert Doctor

scepticus

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
Tomorrow's Grand National

Lakeview Lad

Tigr Roll

Both Front Runners so less likely to be  brought down.

scepticus

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2019, 11:57:22 PM »
Today’s Picks   -  Saturday 06 -04-2019

AINTREE -
2.25 - Umbrigado
3.10  Destrier
5.15-Lakeview  Lad .(Tiger Roll looks best  but not  worth a bet  )

CHEPSTOW.
4.05- Barbrook Star#
5.35 - Farm the Rock.

LINGFIELD.
2.00 - First Link - Chila De La Noche ( Dutch )
4.15 - Prominna

NEWCASTLE.
3.15 - Manamite - Cornerstone Lad - Keyboard Gangster -
           ( Still to decide which 1 or 2  to bet  or whether to Dutch or Ditch all 3   ;D      ).
4.30 - The Paddy Pie
 5.00 - dontdelay.

scepticus

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »
saturday 13 th April

NEWBURY   1-40 - Marmelo    2-40 - Boltron
Thirsk   3-40 -  Desert  Ruler
Ayr
3-35Blue Flight   E.W
Van Goch du Granit  E.W.

scepticus

« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2019, 01:24:23 AM »
14 Picks today   !

Don’t know if I’ll bet all of them !

BRIGHTON

4.45 - Real Estate
5.50 - Dream Catching
6-20 - Riva’s Rob Roy
7.50 - Junoesque
CARLISLE

4.35 - Aquarian

HAYDOCK

2.40 - Salmanazar
4.20 - Copper West
4.55 - Zerachiel

KEMPTON

2.00 - Outrage
2.35 - Nausha
4.15 - Treachorous

MUSSELBURGH

1.50 - Raselasad
5.45 - Gowanbuster

NEWTON ABBOT

4.25 - Erica’s Lad

scepticus

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2019, 11:47:40 AM »
Today's Derby  - 16-30 Epsom
Sir Dragonet

Circus Maximus -( E.W.  )

UnlikelySam

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2019, 12:37:39 PM »
Just a quick question  ???  that may not necessarily have a quick answer ;D

Always been keen on horse punting just never paid it much attention... What criteria would be optimal to select your "chosen" for a boxed Trifecta or Quartet :P  Do past stats ever mean anything :-\  Thanks.

scepticus

« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
Hi Sam

I am only now looking at seriously evaluating  “ The Horses “.   Like you it was previously  just “ an interest “. Unfortunately , you really need to be at the course or online to  take the SP  into consideration.

Past Stats are a guide - nothing more . Like roulette they need  to be interpreted . I suggest you have a look at “ Inform Racing” . Their site lets you have a  free look at their Stats for one of that days meetings.   

I don’t DO Multiple  Bets . Singles are difficult enough !

Regards
Scep

UnlikelySam

« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
Thanks Scep . So I guess it's essentially the same theory as football WDL ; avoiding accumulators :-\ ... I believe with a betting exchange we can lay (bet against) on a horse ; im sure it's possible to group a bunch of "losing" horses to lay it on a multiple... Lol the question of the century is is it more difficult to pick a winner or loser :o

Accumulators are tempting as they offer out of this galaxy odds  :P  at much much lower stakes... Singles are the way to go though in any sporting event ; agree as over time the ROI will show steady consistent profit if offcourse your bets were spot on for the most part of it...

Jesper

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
The accumulating is for long shots, if you (minor chance) want a 10000 of a few, there is just that. Playing one horse at the time, will be a kind of accumulating anyhow, by time, Do you play just once?

UnlikelySam

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »
True it's a mighty long shot like a one number Straight Up bet hitting on the very 1st spin :P :P :P
I sometimes place 30 matches in an accumulator with quite a small stake for fun ; with odds ranging from 1.3 to 1.5 and sometimes others at higher are thrown in the mix as well. Most of the time I generally achieve around 22 out of 30 ; now if I had played all 30 as singles even with such hit rates I would be in deficit - we have to choose our bets carefully looking for value bets.

There was a site that used web scraping techniques to generate value betting odds that the bookies priced incorrectly ; odds were very high over 10 and more. Jesper I like the idea off betting only on the Underdog and even on a Draw... I guess once again it's similar to SU vs outside bets ; when it hits it hits large :o  Favourites ( playing the felt) vs Underdog ( playing the wheel) :-[

Jesper

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »
A tipster,on the net can offer free trail, and give different tips, and when the test time is over, there is allways winners due to his "spreed". They pay the "adviser", as they got "proof".  In the financial market as for ex this Trix are common. They give different tips, and by chance some costumers being impressed as all looks good.

UnlikelySam

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
Yes there are a dime a dozen of them around , as with anything also scammers amongst the genuine. We focus on the ROI stats although they can also be manipulated as well ; a trial run that's a brilliant idea :D word off mouth also helps too , a good reference from a trusted punter... Some sites also have competitions for tipsters to post but most if not all are not professional tips... As the saying goes We get what we pay for ::)

scepticus

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
I once bet the 36 trebles of the 9 block for fun on 4 football matches . As expected I " won " but lost money due to the odds on offer . ;D
It could also be used on the horses if  selecting  3  horses in   each of 4 races and being confident of one of the three in each race  winning .   

Sam I am pretty good at chosing a placed horse -  even my winners are placed !  . Does the betting exchanges offer bets on a place ?

UnlikelySam

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »
Well Scep the whole idea of the "Exchange" is you are the bookie offering odds and hoping a punter will take the bait and run with it :D Example : you lay a bet and someone  backs (opposes the bet) ; it's always a case like that either a bookie or punter scenario so in all honesty Im not sure if "place" bets are part and parcel of the Exchange however why would it not be every other bet under the sun especially for football is available though... You could send them a mail with that query or telephonically :-\
Maybe you should drop an " each way"  bet tip occasionally here
;) ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:27:37 PM by UnlikelySam »