Author Topic: How do I make my systems?  (Read 21122 times)

Rinad

Re: How do I make my systems?
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2019, 12:44:04 PM »

another thing I would want to know. how many spins have I had play so far ?   when was the last time i hit a double street with successive hits?  same with ec's, dozens,ect.....
knowing that inside info can help me "anticipate" certain wins in the future. I find it a lot easier to place several small bets then 1 big bet.
the reason why many players dont like this way of playing is because we often want a very "specific" cookie cutter type system. 
I know that as example winning 4 hits in a row in a dozen happens a lot more then we think, and if I played 120 sins without getting it , it is just around the corner. when I do I can also increase my double street within that dozen, single numbers ect.... the odds are in my favor always . what a better time to let it all ride, tripled it until I hit 4 in a row. 
when I play "not to lose 4 ec's in a row" you and I know how easy we can lose them right? why is it so hard to beleive we can win 4 ec"s in a row then ?
because we always remember bad events more easier then good ones in our lives. just our nature.  it is making us faithless when it comes to see reality and its great rewards.

Rinad

The following users thanked this post: Jesper, Third, UnlikelySam, Nisayon

Third

« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
So 4 of a Dozen in a row pays a base of 8 units?  So in your head you are trying to make sure that your bets on the Dozen will always be at least 1/8th of the debt (minus the chips placed on the DS/EC)?

Btw, how do you size the EC bets again?

Rinad

« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2019, 01:21:31 AM »

third you caliber the entire deal to your liking. adding bets on the ec and dozen, ect....
4 hits in a row on a dozen can be 2+4+8+16 +30 units .
start adding ec bets after 2 hits on the dozen and double it upon a win do nicely.

Rinad

The following users thanked this post: Third

Nisayon

« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2019, 12:43:13 PM »
I have a question for Drtalos, when you will have time. What is "the weakness" of roulette that you often write about? As I see it, roulette has many "imperfections" (it can't show every different number - some will show more than once some others won't show for some time; it can't have order in its outcomes, nor regularity; it tends to equilibrium, but only in the long term...and so on), but I would like to know, if this is an information you can give, which specific aspect did you focus on.
I had two more questions, but don't want to waste your time! 😅
Anyway: were your studies influenced by Lorenzo Della Moglie somehow?
And is your system called Bertrand in honor of the mathematician??
Ok, enough for now!

Jesper

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2019, 02:09:40 PM »
I think he will not answer here, but by PM, and probably ask you to add him to skype.

The following users thanked this post: Nisayon

DrTalos

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2019, 02:11:18 AM »
I keep following this forum, not everyday but kinda regularly, so I can reply when I think can be helful.
  First of all, I do not understand where do you get your insight, Jesper. I don't use skype, I don't invite people to have private comunications with me (quite the contrary, because my idea is to help everybody, not just some of them).
  Second, about the weakness, I already said that, in a non linear way.
  Third, Della Moglie and others are been well studied by me, but I do not use their results and conclusions. To be exact, they showed me which way not to pursue.
  Fourth, about the name. I remember a moment in this forum where everybody seemed obsessed by the use of the word HG, or Holy Grail. We couldn't use that term but to say that does not exist. Everything else was forbidden. They were so pissed by the word that I decided to call my system Bertrand in a post. More a joke than anything else, a name made up that very minute. In some way that stuck and now seems to be the way to address it. Not a fancy explanation, but it is what it is.

I want to add a little consideration about progressions. I think can be important for some.
  When you add one unit to your bet, it's value is different despite the fact that is always just an added unit. If you go from 1 to 2, you double your bet. From 2 to 3 you add 50% of the bet. If you go from 50 to 51 you add 2% of your value. I know that is self evident, but probably is not completely grasp by everybody.

The following users thanked this post: Third, fiben7, Nisayon

Nisayon

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
I want to add a little consideration about progressions. I think can be important for some.
  When you add one unit to your bet, it's value is different despite the fact that is always just an added unit. If you go from 1 to 2, you double your bet. From 2 to 3 you add 50% of the bet. If you go from 50 to 51 you add 2% of your value. I know that is self evident, but probably is not completely grasp by everybody.
Thank you for the reply. This quote is something really important. If we want to use a "playable Martingale", then we should consider this, too.

Third

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2019, 01:02:48 PM »
If a person exceeds tripling their initial bankroll, they are extremely likely to have a winning system.  The only exception is if that bankroll is unrealistically small.  One should examine their drawdowns and see the maximum participation of the bankroll and gauge whether it is realistic. 

Number of spins and betting events can also be counted, where some see 10,000 spins as a sort of benchmark; one can extrapolate out the total number of hits that should be gained within 10,000 spins to get an idea if they have been playing long enough.

I am sure other players with more experience also have input about these sorts of considerations.  I know there is the "long run" statistics for flat betting but since most of use progressions, the closest way I have heard to quantify that is a Standard Deviation calculation that I think was posted by ThomasLeor, based on Grill's work...

And found it!

https://www.roulettelife.com/index.php/topic,2635.msg42692.html#msg42692

Use the "Solution For Other Chances & Progressions" calculations.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:15:13 PM by Third »