Author Topic: Please stop quoting previous posts  (Read 5963 times)

leowls

Re: Please stop quoting previous posts
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
ok now i know why some of my posts are being edited by you  ;D ;D

kav

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »
up!

Reyth

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2018, 02:58:17 AM »
Ok, so I have been on a forum where "quote walls" were looked down upon.  This particular forum was post analysis heavy and people would get very agitated at having to scroll through previously posted info. 

Default quoting posts is the lazy man's way to look and feel relevant.  Snippet quoting is the responsible way  to do it where we can see a bullet point and then see an aswer that immediately relates to it.  Its a form of forum etiquette.

The best way to do this is to hit the quote button and then go to the top and start isolating the particular parts of the post that you want to respond to. 

The first response can include the original quote header ([quot.e={user} etc] and when the part of the post that you are referencing ends, you add the tag
Code: [Select]
[/quote]
Now you type your response below it.

Then move to the next section that you want to reference and put a tag at the beginning of
Code: [Select]
[quote]and repeat the same as the first point.

Don't get me wrong.  I couldn't care less if people do quote walls or not.  I am just validating that it is an objective concern in the fourm based world. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:05:44 AM by Reyth »

kav

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 08:05:58 PM »
Please keep this in mind when posting

kav

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 09:32:55 AM »
Posts with excessive use of quotes or multiple quotes will be removed.
Thank you.

kav

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »
Please keep this in mind.

Dane

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 12:30:41 PM »
Unfortunately certain members know the TRUTH and keep repeating it. I have just dropped out of my thread RIGGED CANDIDATES; and then MickyP wanted to close the subject by quoting. Keep on playing in your sand boxes with dreams of great walls. THE TRUTH must be greater than THE RULES!

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

MickyP

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 11:44:32 AM »
At times even I, the wordsmith, can not say it better than the way a message is presented by other members so instead of plagiarizing their words I give recognition to them and their finely articulated words. It's the right thing to do as it maintains the values of TRUTH.

scepticus

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2019, 01:54:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
entirely misses Danes point about using large Quotes against kav's advice  ?

The following users thanked this post: Dane

MickyP

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »
No, I was just responding to unnecessary whining from Dane.

I quoted one relevant post not a multitude of posts. I could have responded using my own words covering the same amount of words/space that Gizmo used. Making a reference to Gizmo's post would not have cemented the opinion carried over.
Read Kav's request carefully. Think before you rush to criticize me.

Septic, I suggest you should rush off and make a deposit in your already overflowing tank.

Third

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »

Now serving spillover soup!

The following users thanked this post: Dane

Dane

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Some ketchup reached the impure sand box. And the mentioned post from MickyP (in RIGGED CANDIDATES) has been removed. Thanks to kav or whoever is responsible!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:20:37 AM by Dane »

MickyP

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
You are such a victim Dane. No skin off my back.  :-*

Dane

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2019, 05:44:54 PM »
And now I notice that a certain member has added another comment (you know, I myself left RIGGED CANDIDATES, so this knower of TRUTH seems to be eager to have the final word).
The real victims in the real world must be the ones  refusing to believe how impure or polluted the sand box or the World is according to an overwhelming majority of scientists. Then again: I find it rather futile to discuss with such Echos of a certain unstable President.  So it should not surprise sound and moderate readers that this is my final word of this topic.

MickyP

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
I'll drink to that. It almost feels like you're referring to me...hahaha...Good humour is always a good reason to raise a glass in appreciation to the lifting of spirits.  ;D