Author Topic: Talos BOOM!!!  (Read 1571 times)

Third

Talos BOOM!!!
« on: August 10, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »

This one will take your bankroll and rock it into the stratosphere!

It can be used on any bet selection.  I have used it on SU and very quickly made hundreds of units; if I had kept going, I could have made over 10,000 units but I chickened out early.

First off we will be using the Talos ratio divisor method, which means that we will be betting in rounds of 60 numbers bet and increasing the divisor +1 on a miss, while decreasing the divisor -1 on a hit.  As an example I will use a DS.

First, off we need to set up the base progression for the initial 60 numbers bet.  This will be 10 spins and the progression will be:

1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2
3 3

for a total cost of 17 units and a 82.95% chance of success!!!  After that, use the above described divisor system until you are back at profit.  Play this until you have 34 units of profit. 

At this point, you will risk half of your profit until the initial progression fails.  Every time you get a hit within the progression, total up your profit and divide by 17, which will give you your unit size (round down).

Now, if you miss a BOOM!!! parlay, you will release 1/2 of that debt and recover the other half using the above described divisor system.  Once you have recovered that amount, its time for another BOOM!!! parlay!

Here is the formula if you want to use this for a bet selection other than a DS:

Cycle Cost: [60 numbers bet with a loothog progression]; e.g. a Dozen would be 1 1 2 3 4 and the cycle cost would be 11 units.

Balance required: Cycle Cost * 2

Profit Divisor: Use the Cycle Cost to divide your accrued profit and obtain your unit size (round down).

T A L O S   B O O O M ! ! !
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:52:31 AM by Third »

The following users thanked this post: boyd30, leowls, Astutillo, fiben7

Third

Re: Talos BOOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:55:28 AM »
Here is a sample game where I took it out to the table max (which cut into my profit) and won 146 units in 48 minutes; it takes time to gather up the initial 34 units and I failed my first BOOM! attempt on the first try and had to recover a bit (17 units) more to try again.

The text doesn't show my increase in unit size but you can see at the end that there were 10 wins in a row.  My final unit size was 7 units and I had locked-in profit, even if the BOOM! attempt had failed. :D

I was forced to quit because of the table max.  Be careful of table maximums!!!

HA!  Let's see what Mr. Perfect has to say about that -- we only need 1:60 to coup large and we don't care which way the wheel is spinning or if a bee farts in the garden outside!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:33:45 AM by Third »

The following users thanked this post: Astutillo

Fedda

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »
Gotta love your David Murray gif! Where eagles dare solo live at Ullevi 2005🤘

The following users thanked this post: fiben7

Third

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »
Ok, the formula needs an update because I am using a "profit shortcut" to allow BOOM-ing with the minimal amount.  It will gobble all of our profit (except the Cycle Cost) once the unit size is 3 and above (when half of the profit is supposed to be banked).

So, the solution is easy as a two-step process:

1) Use the formula as stated until double the Balance Required is obtained in total profit
2) Double the Profit Divisor

This modification will start locking in profits.  This can be very important when say, we get 5 hits in a row but then lose.  We then can recover 17 units and start immediately again the BOOM-ing (at a lower unit size), as half of our gained profit was also banked.

The true value of this approach is in series of large wins, interspersed with losses.  In the sample game, you can see how it started with 10 wins (BOOM!), had some losses and then ended with 5 more wins, followed immediately by 10 more wins (BOOOOM!!!).  We would have locked in profit and doubled the divisor on the first series and then majorly profited on the second. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:46:49 PM by Third »

leowls

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 03:20:07 AM »
Do we stay on the level of progression once we hit and are still in debt?

Third

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 04:49:50 AM »
There are 3 phases of play, so I am not sure which phase you are referring to:

1) Profit Accumulation -- This is where we are gaining our first 34 units so we can BOOM! OR this is where we have had an early failed boom and we are recovering to the minimum 34 units.  In both cases, there is no debt and we should be playing the base progression with our base unit amount, which will always yield a profit if it hits.

2) Debt Recovery -- This is where we have missed the base progression; either in Profit Accumulation or BOOM Parlay.  If we are in Profit Accumulation, we must follow the 60 numbers bet divisor to determine our progression and we always use our base unit amount.  If we have failed an early BOOM!, we will still be in profit but less than 34 units and we need to drop our unit size back to its base and recover the 17 units we lost (letting the other 17 units go).

3) BOOM Parlay -- Here we have increased our unit size and are betting the base progression until it fails.  After it fails, we drop our unit size back down to the base and recover 17 units.

Eventually we will have 68 units of profit so we can double our Profit Divisor and that will automatically lock in actual profits with each BOOM failure.  Until then, we have to keep trying to BOOM until we gain the 68 units, starting over each time at 34 units of profit.

Its possible to play this only with the BOOM! and using our bankroll to keep trying until we gain but I like the idea of using gained profits to BOOM with; its more conservative.

The Talos progression works like this:

1) Bet the base progression over and over until it fails
2) Attack the debt with a divisor of 2 (because the base progression is 60 numbers bet)
3) Increase the divisor by 1 every time 60 numbers are bet; 120 = 3, 180 = 4 etc.
4) Decrease the divisor by 1 every time a hit is gained

Keep track of the numbers bet like a schedule, it never changes until you are at profit, when you reset it to zero.  Always increase your divisor by 1 every time 60 more numbers are bet on the schedule; it will always be an even multiple of 60, like 240, 300,360, 420 etc.

If we are using the Talos divisor-ratio method (after the base progression fails) we always use our base unit amount.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:17:12 AM by Third »

Third

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »
I just played a session with a Quad, got my unit size up to 3 and was about to earn the 100 units I needed to double the Profit Divisor and failed! >.<

So I went back to down to the base unit and recovered 25 units for a profit of about 30 units.  Now I would need to earn about 20 units to start BOOM-ing again. :)

The great thing is that I was able to end the session immediately after recovering because I was showing a nice profit. :D

Just for example's sake, the base progression is:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2
3 3 3

for a total cost of 25 units, which comes with a 82.05% chance of success.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:04:51 PM by Third »

Third

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
Attached is a game where I received 24 wins in a row and BOOM-ed 178 units in about 45 minutes.  I played very conservatively, got the first part of my BOOM up to 4 units and then doubled the Profit Divisor and brought the bets back down to 2 units.  The wins just continued, raising the unit size to 3 and I quit at 178 units profit, due to time constraints.  At 200 profit the unit size would increase to 4.

Of course I could have played the BOOM straight through and made fantastic gobs of profit but the approach I use is designed for long term use (long sessions) and progressively minimized risk for both bankroll and accrued profits.

A Quad can hit 63 times in a row, within 15 spins.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:18:49 PM by Third »

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 03:06:38 AM »
Third this thread is another of your great works thank you.

However in the attached form your first hit with Q17 comes at 14th spin. With the above progression how can you have won a profit of 24 units?

Also can you provide the link where the divisor calculation method is explained?
All the phases of your system are clearly explained but I have some trouble in applying the correct divisor.

Keep on man!

The following users thanked this post: Third

Third

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 03:37:56 AM »
The foundations of this system are entirely Dr. Talos'.  The BOOM! concept is credited to Jack Boom, who credited someone else (I think it was Vic??).  The Talos BOOM! implementation is my own, born out of thousands of spins of heartache, fear, massive wins and losses.  I am still scared to death to apply it.  I am using this thread to get over it because like Mr. Perfect has pointed out, making money is srs bzns and anything less than our best efforts is unacceptable.  This means overcoming fear, to profit, MASSIVELY.

However in the attached form your first hit with Q17 comes at 14th spin. With the above progression how can you have won a profit of 24 units?
After every hit, there is a status report.  If there is remaining debt, it will be shown in the "Debt:" section.  A win of 24 is gross profit and indicates that the bet amount was 3 units (I was betting a Quad).  If there is remaining debt, it indicates that the base progression had failed and I was in Debt Recovery.

Also can you provide the link where the divisor calculation method is explained?
On the base progression, we are obviously betting 1 unit until it is complete (it fails).  We can see that we have bet 60 numbers because the base progression is always 60 numbers bet (at least, depending on selection; e.g. EC will require 72 numbers to be bet [1 2 4 8] to satisfy the 60 minimum requirement and that should be part of the total ongoing numbers bet count/schedule).

After the base progression, our divisor is automatically 2, until we reach 120 numbers bet or we achieve a hit; if we reach 120 numbers it will be 3 and if we hit, it will be 1 but the numbers bet count continues either way.

The divisor is only modified in two cases:

1) A hit is obtained -- lower the divisor by 1
2) 60 numbers are bet -- raise the divisor by 1

These are automatic rules that will always be applied until profit is obtained.  The numbers bet is augmented after every spin (for a Quad it is +4 for every spin, an EC is +18) and every time we reach (or surpass; e.g. EC) a natural multiple of 60, we must raise the divisor.  These natural numbers are easy to identify.  Here is enough for 1000 spins:

120 180 240 300 360 420 480 540 600 660 720 780 840 900 960 1020 1080

Every time we hit one of these above numbers bet, we raise the divisor by 1.  Anytime we are back at profit we start this count completely over.

To calculate the bet, do the following:

1) Total the debt & add 1
2) Divide the debt+1 by the divisor
3) Divide the result by the payout (a Quad pays out 8 units), round up if there is any fraction
4) The result is the bet amount

This calculation is performed after every spin.  You can easily have an excel spreadsheet to the work, filling into the fields the debt and the divisor, to calculate the bet automatically.  Its easy to add our last bet to the debt total.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:33:47 AM by Third »

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 05:10:48 AM »
Ok now I got it  ;D

boyd30

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 05:16:12 AM »
I feel stupid not to understand this except for step one. I will put up an example later trying to figure it out.

Third

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 05:23:57 AM »
I feel stupid for not understanding how complex this is.  Then I read my explanations, see mistakes I have made and how many revisions it required to be accurate and it all kind of hits me how long I have been doing this and how mentally soft I have become, letting the computer do all the calculations.  :o

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:29:09 AM by Third »

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:58 AM »

To calculate the bet, do the following:

1) Total the debt & add 1
2) Divide the debt+1 by the divisor
3) Divide the result by the payout (a Quad pays out 8 units), round up if there is any fraction
4) The result is the bet amount

This calculation is performed after every spin.

Mmh...  :-\

In the first post you gave the progression for a DS 1111122233

Now you say that bet amount must be recalculated after every spin.

Im still missing something....

Third

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
The Talos system works on 60 numbers bet.  The base progression for a DS is 1111122233.  So let's look at that.  How many bets is it?  It's 10 bets.  How many numbers are we betting per spin, with a DS?  6 numbers.  10x6=60.

The base progression is simply what we bet when our divisor is 1 (and we have no debt).  After the base progression we will have bet 60 numbers, we will enter Debt Recovery and we must increase the divisor to 2.

Two things will happen:

A) We will not get a hit in 10 spins and we will raise the divisor to 3 and continue to count bet numbers
B) We will get a hit within 10 spins, we will lower the divisor to 1 and continue to count bet numbers

If we are in the base progression, there is nothing to calculate because we have no debt.  Our bets ARE the base progression, our divisor is 1 and every bet will produce profit.

If we are outside the base progression (it failed and we are in Debt Recovery phase), our bets will change based on how much debt we have and where our divisor is -- this is why it must be recalculated after every spin -- but only if our base progression fails first.

So it goes:

1) Profit Accumulation -- We have no debt and so we simply bet the base progression.  If we hit within the progression, we have instant profit every time and start over.

2) Debt Recovery -- Our base progression has failed.  Now we need to calculate the bet amount after every spin because it will change based on how many spins has occurred, when we achieve hits and how much debt we have.  Eventually we will bring the divisor to 1, during which time, if we hit, we will be back to profit and will go back to Profit Accumulation and start the base progression again.  Its possible that we reach another multiple of 60 numbers bet without getting a hit (and our divisor is 1), in which case we will raise the divisor back to 2 and keep recalculating until our divisor is 1 and we get a hit before reaching another multiple of 60 numbers bet.

The divisor-ratio system basically tracks variance (negative variance) and lowers our bets (lessens our attacking strength) when variance is growing and raises our bets (increases our attacking strength) when variance is shrinking.

PLAY EXAMPLE

Test

Bet.....Debt.....#'s Bet.....Divisor.....Result
1............0............0.............1.............MISS
1............1............6.............1.............MISS <=== this is the base progression, fast forward a bit
3............11..........47............1.............MISS
3............14...........54............1.............HIT   <=== re-start progression, let's say we missed = DEBT RECOVERY
2.............17..........60............2.............HIT   <=== lower the divisor to 1
2..............5...........66............1.............MISS
2..............7...........72............1.............MISS
2..............9...........78............1.............MISS
3..............11..........84...........1.............MISS   <=== our debt is now too high for a bet of 2
3..............14..........90...........1.............MISS
4..............17..........96...........1.............HIT   <=== we gain 7 units and win, start the base progression

Sorry have to go and don't have time to check the play example for accuracy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:10:16 AM by Third »