Author Topic: I am on the feet again.  (Read 919 times)

Jesper

I am on the feet again.
« on: July 23, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »
I have been in bed for a few weeks, after removing a stone in the bladder.  The garden was not in very good shape, but the beans and the cucumbers were ready to harvest some, and the corn cobs are looking great, but will have some more time. Corn is about on the edge to grow here at such north latitude.  The tomatoes, will take more time, I got 200 plants. Some summers they will stay green, but this year I think it will be plenty (Klima change).   A friend has taking away some weeds, and I gave him 5 litres of moonshine, I got from the forest people.

The following users thanked this post: Third, fiben7

Third

Re: I am on the feet again.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
Grats man!  This is great news!  Thanks for letting us know, you mysterious roulette grinder!  ;D

UnlikelySam

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 04:21:44 PM »
Yes great news indeed. That sure is alot of plants Jesper and sounds like even more work but nothing beats freshly grown vegetables as opposed to the commercially genetically modified ones that are filled with pesticides and who knows what else ???

" A friend has taking away some weeds, and I gave him 5 litres of moonshine "

That is going to be one happy friend ;D

Third

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
You forgot "from the forest people"!  ;D

*[KNOCK, KNOCK]*

Oh, wait here come some forest people now!  Howard?  Who is Howard??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMMyvL0KR5s
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:41:28 PM by Third »

UnlikelySam

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:15:24 PM »
Lol what a movie ; The Lawless of the Third ;D

Howdy do partner :) ;)  .... Good ol west gun slinging 8)

The following users thanked this post: Third

MickyP

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 05:46:22 AM »
Glad you are up and about again Jesper. Love the moonshine part of your story...lol,
Also nice to know that you grow your own vegetables.

Jesper

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 09:08:46 AM »
I have a small plot of 2800 square meters, and a house which is 100 years old, and an area of 170  square meters. I bought it 30 years ago, and fixed it up my self.  My cost of keeping it is very low.  The estate has been much more costly since 1988. I got it for 370 000 SEK (about 37000 Euro). Today it is well over 1300000 SEK.

There is no mortgage as well, my own well, do not pay for water. In many years I got "free" firewood as pay for cleaning forest areas. But this is to heavy work today, so I use underground heat pumps.  Which cost some electric power, about 15000 KW/h a year, total including house hold power, and to power my electric vehicle.  It is a bit different to them who must rent a flat costing 7000 SEK a month at least. In my country there is no property tax, just a flat fee of 500 Euro.  I can grow almost all veggies I use.  Wilds hogs are a pain in the ass for the farmers around, so meat near free is easy.

MickyP

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 09:24:52 AM »
Sounds like paradise compared to South Africa; here, people are wild and everything is up for grabs. You can be criminally charged for defending yourself and your property. Nothing is free, not even speech....lol

You don't know how lucky you are not to have have property tax. If you use solar panels you can be fully independent with only the cost of some food items to worry about. Wow, great investment in your property. 

Jesper

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
I have been thinking of solar panels, but it is not so easy here, I have high trees on the property making shades, and in the north, we have much light in the summer (long days) and in the winter short days if any light in the north part, and the wast demand for power is in winter. Around here we have a lot of windpower, and the power is rather cheep in Sweden. I buy only renewable power.