Author Topic: Winning system vs Recovery mode  (Read 976 times)

Winning system vs Recovery mode
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »
Hello people
This is my first message but I've been following the forum for a long time.

Many good strategy here, I prefer betting inside bets and few numbers en plein.
Looks like a notable issue is missing here. Nobody focus on recovery systems.
I'm striving for improve my roulette skills but can't figure out how to choose a proper/profitable recovery system.

I read a recovery for being such needs multiple hits in order to recover, otherwise it'd be a winning strategy.

Betting few numbers (5/6) en plein, when things don't work I don't know how to try a recovery.

Any suggestions?
Would be nice if you experts talk about your recovery strategy.

The following users thanked this post: Third

scepticus

Re: Winning system vs Recovery mode
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »
Astitulo
I make Flat Bets so no recovery  method  needed .  There have been  a few discussions about recovery methods in the forum  . Flat Bettors dont have the headache of devising one  ;D

To my mind , recovery sytems mean chasing losses . Some will differ !

The following users thanked this post: Astutillo

palestis

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 06:33:38 PM »
If a system you play is good enough to win, then the same system should be good enough to recover in case the system fails sometimes.
Recovery requires strategy. 
You use the same system (y use another system), the same way you use it to win, but at a much slower pace and without the risk that you took when you lost.
That means small and slow wins till you recover.

The following users thanked this post: Third, Astutillo, judge

MickyP

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
I agree with the failed plumbing guy. Recovery puts a halt to normal play so losses can be chased down and neutralized.

Palestis has put loss recovery into perspective regarding the use of one method only. No need for a separate method to specifically recover losses.

Losses are a part of the game and through my business approach to money management I have devised a rather simple yet effective way of dealing with loss. Look it up if you are interested.

By the way, welcome to the forum as a participating member.

The following users thanked this post: Third, Astutillo

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »

Losses are a part of the game and through my business approach to money management I have devised a rather simple yet effective way of dealing with loss. Look it up if you are interested.

By the way, welcome to the forum as a participating member.

Thank you.
Where can i find it?

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:30:43 PM »
Thank you all.
]Still I don't know if accepting loss is better than try a recovery (with the risk of increase the loss).
I could accept a loss because my method has a decent win rate, but I have psicologic difficulty in accepting the loss.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:32:15 PM by Astutillo »

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:48 PM »
https://www.roulettelife.com/index.php/topic,2714.msg45486.html#msg45486

Astutillo, The attached message will give you the basic idea.

I too had great difficulty with addressing losses but its par for the course.

Look up the thread "Small Wins Per Session" in the roulette strategy section. It will give you an idea on the foundation of my MM approach.

Send me a message if you are unsure of the concept and I will gladly explain it to you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:00:30 PM by MickyP »

scepticus

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 11:40:16 PM »
Thank you all.
]Still I don't know if accepting loss is better than try a recovery (with the risk of increase the loss).
I could accept a loss because my method has a decent win rate, but I have psicologic difficulty in accepting the loss.
You do well to be cautious  Astutillo.  Unless you are psychic  there is no way you can be sure  that you can recover losses . One of the main rules of all gambling is that you don't chase  losses and that, by definitiion , is what " recovery plans " try to do .
If your system is profitable overall then either be content with it as it is - or try reducing the numbers bet to increase  profit.

Losses can and do happen . With more experience you will find that it is best to accept them and move on .  If your system is good enough it will survive. . And   so will you  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:51:46 PM by scepticus »

Third

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 12:43:02 AM »
Thank you all.

In the longer term, if you are in the habit of leaving losses on the table without recovering them (at least to a maximum rarity), you will find yourself slammed by a series of losses that will surprise you.

It is wise to recover as much as possible at all times, while the negative variance is still present.

The key to recovering smaller amounts more slowly is using a divisor (or banking debt which is the same thing).

scepticus

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 01:01:45 AM »
In the longer term, if you are in the habit of leaving losses on the table without recovering them (at least to a maximum rarity), you will find yourself slammed by a series of losses that will surprise you.
Third
But who leaves losses on the table without recoverung them ?  Losses can be recovered  by Flat Betting - IF YOUR SYSTEM IS GOOD ENOUGH !

If your system is not good enough then it is doomed from the start !
Recovery systems are , by definition , chasing losses and so present another hazard to winning .
In what other field of gambling are recovery systems used ?  None that I am aware of .

Third

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 01:04:57 AM »
Recovery systems are methods which use accrued negative variance to recover debt while minimizing further risk. 

The term "chasing losses" generally refers to irresponsible betting in an attempt to recover debt, such as an unrestrained Martingale.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:06:45 AM by Third »

scepticus

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 01:09:25 AM »
Third

Just how do you minimise risk  without risking more ?

In what other field of gambling do they use "Recovery Systems " ?

Third

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 01:14:24 AM »
Our risk is modified by accrued negative variance.  We must further minimize that risk by properly sizing/balancing our bets.  Roulette is a negative expectation game and so we must do everything we can to overcome that; i.e. we need to make losses rare enough that we win more frequently and in larger amounts that we lose.

I have seen the divisor method used in horse racing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:16:54 AM by Third »

scepticus

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 01:41:00 AM »
I think you are indulging in Theory , Third, , and not in reality .
Still carry on. I think you will find the truth is that   Recovery Systems  are  chasing losses and so a bad idea  .
Good luck in your chasing !  ;D   

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:01 AM »
Astutillo has mentioned that he has a method with a good hit rate so by incorporating my approach to MM the losses experienced will be dealt with. There is no need to make any changes to the method unless it universally increases the already good hit rate.

Chasing losses as opposed to "dealing" with them is the cause of many a downfall. That means do not chase losses and do not leave them on the table; they will become the focus of your attention. By dissolving losses into your MM strategy your "good hit rate method" will prevail.

As always, test everything new on paper at home. If you find the solution works for you after sufficient testing then comfortably use it in your approach. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:16:51 AM by MickyP »