Author Topic: Is "Up As You Win" Allowed When You Flat Bet?  (Read 608 times)

Third

Is "Up As You Win" Allowed When You Flat Bet?
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:52:07 PM »
Rinad had mentioned this method being used with straight up numbers and I must say it has a definite appeal.

Also, if a progression is very slow, does it count as flat betting?  For example, Rinad's progression probably goes something like:

150x1
75x2
etc...

Isn't this flat betting in two tiers?

mr j

Re: Is "Up As You Win" Allowed When You Flat Bet?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:11 PM »
"Isn't this flat betting in two tiers?" >> Its a progression if you are increasing your bets because of not hitting, REGARDLESS of how slow it is.

The following users thanked this post: GIAJJENNO

mr j

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »
Your other point,,,,,,up as you win? yes sir!! The KEY however, when you lose (on one of your steps) start back at the beginning bet. Meaning, too many goofs only go down one notch, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Go back to the starting off bet !!!!

Ken

The following users thanked this post: rimsky, Third

rimsky

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Rinad had mentioned this method being used with straight up numbers and I must say it has a definite appeal.

Also, if a progression is very slow, does it count as flat betting?  For example, Rinad's progression probably goes something like:

150x1
75x2
etc...

Isn't this flat betting in two tiers?

Don't mean to be ironic Third but what's the point of this progression?

If you hit after 125 spins lost betting 1 chip you are still 90 chips down...

Stratege

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »
A slow progression is also called a "massage". The goal is to stay close to 1. This can be justified with a winning method in flat betting and has late winnings, very late otherwise the massage expends units because of zero or 1/35. The player must find a compromise.

rimsky

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »
This is also called "montante lunga" among italian bettors.

What do you mean with "late winning"?

Playing one single straight up I used to implement the classic progression:
36x1
18x2
12x3
9x4
etc.
which shows a decent win rate even with RNG but occasionally dries out the bankroll.

I wonder how a "massage" as you call it could show profits with "late winnings" if the hit rate does not increase dramatically (due to pure luck). Asking without irony.

The following users thanked this post: Third, Stratege

Stratege

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 01:18:20 PM »

My translation is bad then. I mean, if a method does not give its % gain, then there is a delay. It is this delay that comes back in wave to make win. Otherwise, as you say, the bankroll is lost in some cases. Marigny called this progression a "superposition".

"Pure luck", Rimsky, is for me like the belief that a positive wave will come to make progression. This wave exists but sometimes the surfer stays on the beach very long (Brice de Nice). And just one time. It takes a "winning method in flat betting" with a delay on its profits, otherwise to wait this wave with a progression costs a lot of money.  :o
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:40:34 PM by Stratege »

The following users thanked this post: Third

rimsky

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 01:47:12 PM »
Obviously I see your point.

But is it profitable?
What if the wave does not come or comes too weakly to bring about profits?

With the classic progression, betting on number(s) which is performing far beyond its statistical expectation, with a stop win +35/40 and stop loss -144  you "win the bread" most of the time.

The following users thanked this post: Third, Stratege

mr j

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
A slow progression is also called a "massage". The goal is to stay close to 1. This can be justified with a winning method in flat betting and has late winnings, very late otherwise the massage expends units because of zero or 1/35. The player must find a compromise.

I dont care if you call it a "television", its a progression.

Stratege

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »

Mr J, the term "massage" is used in France, please respect the spirit of the people. Also understand that we are on an exchange forum, what you think is not a priority. You have only negative reviews. Would you be a chronic loser, annoyed by all the people who have a good will (and who make you shade)? Your messages tell your morbidity, they are really sad, useless, nothing concrete for the players.

Rimsky, very good question. I can answer it using a simulation. For example, your method win 8% in flat betting. In Excel, you select, in your spin sequences, the numbers from 1 to 20 (20 numbers have a theoretical advantage of 8%). You can then control over tens of thousands of spins how your progression gains its best advantage. It will be possible, for example, that after a gap of 50, the best attack in progression is to play 100 or 200 spins. Simulation is a fantastic tool !
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:26:20 PM by Stratege »

The following users thanked this post: palestis, rimsky, Third