Author Topic: Reading at RF  (Read 1759 times)

mr j

Reading at RF
« on: January 15, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
I look at the RF site routinely. Is there anything of VALUE there? No. I look to see how much players are still struggling. My point of this thread? Steve & Real continuously "comment" on system threads. The thing is, they are 100% CORRECT with their comments.

The people that dont like it, fire back and its an all out war at times (lol). My point as I have stated many times before. Why take on the headache? Keep it to yourself, test your system(s) yourself etc. You truly do NOT need others patting you on the back. Learn for yourselves. Its called TRIAL & ERROR, try it sometime.

Ken

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

leowls

Re: Reading at RF
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:52:24 PM »
Sometimes they just like to have their ego stroked. Feels good when the world look up to you for something they don't know and desperately want to.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

mr j

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
Who is "you" & "they"?

leowls

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:56:54 PM »
just speaking in generalities .

MickyP

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 04:26:48 AM »
I had to read your opening post a few times to get the simplicity of your message Ken. The Real and Steve line serves as a distraction and takes away from the message. However, the message and Real, Steve line are both points for healthy discussion (two different subjects).

First discussion: The main message: I agree that players should go through the trial and error phase of learning and building of methods. The forum has a function and it should not be seen as a pit stop where you can pick up and use new methods (the result of long hours of trial and error by one player). The forum should be a place where the trial and error becomes a group effort. It does reach this threshold from time to time but group participation withers away till there are only one, two or three players doing all the work.

Second discussion: The know it all naysayers: A pain in the butt because comments are seen as an attack, The us and them syndrome is unfortunate but  however bad it is deemed to be it remains a fact. These comments should be put to the test and challenged as part of the building of a method.

The following users thanked this post: mr j, Third

Third

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:49:56 AM »
We should be careful that we are not one of the naysayers.

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 05:52:19 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Third, your comment above tells me you would rather be PC (Politically Correct) than offend someone with a hard fact.

I know many people don't like Ken and many don't like me. I think I was liked more when I didn't like Ken...lol. I found value in some things Ken had to say and this I was able to do because I focused on the words and not the person they came from.
You can't go through life and not offend anyone.

Look, I offended you by asking a simple question that you didn't answer. You could have just stated that you think it's a silly question and will not answer but you turned it around to make me look like I was the bad guy who was harassing you. I found the whole thing rather funny. Not very PC of you.

The following users thanked this post: mr j, Third

MickyP

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 06:12:45 AM »
About Steve and Real; both controversial characters but what they do have is a deep understanding of the game and it will do no harm to heed their words.

Like the croupier has a signature so too do players have their own unique signature. Real and Steve speak from a podium unique to them but they do not know it all. Palestis plays methods that they would shred as useless but Palestis turns out a profit when he plays. Why is this? Because he too has a deep understanding of the game and his approach goes against structured knowledge of the game according to the "naysayers".
Ken, you are right sometimes but you too speak from the limitations of your own signature in the game.
Plug in, play and win systems do not exist. Is this not the argument?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:15:30 AM by MickyP »

mr j

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 06:25:07 AM »
I dont play systems, I play methods.

Joe

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
What's the difference? It's a bit like saying "I don't have a car, I have an automobile".

The following users thanked this post: Sputnik, Third

Joe

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »
I look at the RF site routinely. Is there anything of VALUE there? No. I look to see how much players are still struggling. My point of this thread? Steve & Real continuously "comment" on system threads. The thing is, they are 100% CORRECT with their comments.
I don't see how you can agree with them when their comments also apply to your system (sorry, method). What they are saying is that nothing works except visual ballistics (including computers), or biased wheels. This rules out all methods which don't in some way exploit physics. Are you saying that your method does exploit it?
Steve goes on about cause and effect, which is right enough because every effect must have a cause. However, you don't always need to know the cause to predict the effect; correlation is often good enough. If one thing "goes with" another then you can make predictions without having to know or understand the true causes. Correlation is not causation but is often good enough, and that's what system (sorry, method) players are looking for.

Steve and the General's constant naysaying is irritating. It's so easy to criticize. "count the number of pockets on the wheel", the odds haven't changed", the payout is short" blah blah blah. Of course Steve has a good reason for doing it but I think the General just enjoys being a troll.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP, Third

mr j

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 02:27:34 PM »
The POINT I was making has little to do with Steve or General. If they bother you that much, dont post. Do things on your own WITHOUT the approval of others.

MickyP

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 07:30:49 PM »
Is it approval or collaboration that posters seek?
The forum is designed to encourage collaboration. If everyone stops discussions then the forum will not survive and the naysayers will have to go back to harassing their wives or husbands...lol

Ken why don't you start a thread and discuss your journey to the big time? In the thread you can explain why certain things failed for you like triggers for example. I'm sure you will help a lot of struggling players.

Just a thought. 

mr j

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:27 PM »
"Ken why don't you start a thread and discuss your journey" >> It would be a long post but maybe.

The following users thanked this post: ahlidap, MickyP

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »
I think you will have a lot of good advice to share. I look forward to reading your thread. Please break from the serious stuff now and then to share some of your crazy stories with us.