Author Topic: Scep' s roulette strategies .  (Read 171730 times)

scepticus

Re: Scep' s roulette strategies .
« Reply #840 on: June 03, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »
Mako
Infringing a copyrighrt is not a windup .

Ask your family lawyers if they are happy  for me  tor refer  your " windup "  to Smartwords . Smartwords are the publishers  - not me .

MickyP

« Reply #841 on: June 03, 2019, 07:27:38 PM »
Makro
You are fairly new here or you would know that I am " Ferrgus Lee "  and that that book was copyrighted  !

What is the correct spelling of your name?

MickyP

« Reply #842 on: June 03, 2019, 09:30:04 PM »
Fergus Lee or Ferrgus Lee?

scepticus

« Reply #843 on: June 04, 2019, 02:27:51 PM »
Mako

You have a cavalier attitude to the law.

Your arrogant belief  that it would be costly to me if I took you to Court is misplaced . I could seek the services of a “ No Win - No Fee firm of lawyers.

Your lawyers could enter pleas of mitigation but could not argue that your action was not illegal.

So I’ll put the ball in YOUR Court .

Unless you offer me an apology in this forum soon I will seek the services of a “ No Win - No Fee  firm who will test  the experience of your family friends who are  lawyers .

Your Call .

MickyP

« Reply #844 on: June 04, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Let it go Scepticus. It was an oversight or innocent error on Mako's part. He has rectified the problem as your magic book has just like "poof", gone. He thanked Kav for his help so everything is back to normal except your crappy attitude now.
It's not like you haven't shared the contents of your book in this very thread.
If I was Mako I'd show you the middle finger...lol!

Mako

« Reply #845 on: June 04, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
Scepticus, I have no problem apologizing to you, if I was so connected to something I had written I'd imagine it would be frustrating.  Even though I had no idea it was written by you, and that it was being given away by someone else under a different title that didn't refer to the blocks specifically.  I was actually happy when I saw the blocks, because I figured I could help others who were struggling to get it down.

So absolutely, you have my deepest apology, man to man, for any frustration it may have caused.  And I mean it, because I do understand.  And I hope you get my sincerity through this text as I wouldn't want you, or anyone else, to every be upset by something I've done.  I apologize fully.

On the rest of it now, the legal threats, you trying to be a tough guy in an area you have zero experience or knowledge in, and I want to put this very delicately so that there's no misunderstanding or escalation on my part: You can go right ahead and f*** yourself right up that tight little asshole of yours. Deep. And Hard. 8)

So I hope I've been clear here. 

First, the apology is heart-felt, even though it was obviously unknowing on my part, for any emotional stress you've suffered from me accidentally putting your work up for the group to benefit from.  I actually thought I was helping them get closer to your vision of how to play heheh, so be it.

And then the second part, I hope I've been clear that I don't give any s***s about you, your publisher, your 9 blocks method, or anything else, as it may pertain to a lawsuit, threats, or any other issues you may be grappling with.  At all.

Do what you feel you need to do, as I don't fear anything being that I've been down this road before and I'm very confident exactly where it will wind up. 

Now this may seem like a snarky post to you, but if you read it, really read it, I hope you can see that I'm being fully honest with you just as if you were one of my brothers, or someone I care about.

Cheers, and I don't say "cheers" sarcastically.  Cheers to your ever-growing skill in Roulette, and mine, and everyone else's.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:13:44 PM by Mako »

Mako

« Reply #846 on: June 04, 2019, 05:19:41 PM »
Let it go Scepticus. It was an oversight or innocent error on Mako's part. He has rectified the problem as your magic book has just like "poof", gone. He thanked Kav for his help so everything is back to normal except your crappy attitude now.
It's not like you haven't shared the contents of your book in this very thread.
If I was Mako I'd show you the middle finger...lol!

The greatest disappointment about the whole thing is that the 9 Blocks method must come back to house edge over time, otherwise people would be killing with it and we'd have heard about it being that it's been out there for years now. 

I was looking forward to testing it to be honest, no kidding or flippant attitude when I say that.

I haven't read through the book yet, maybe out of respect for Scepticus' wishes I won't actually go through it, but when I saw the date on it my first thought was that it must have been tested by now and came back at +/- 0 versus EV.

scepticus

« Reply #847 on: June 04, 2019, 07:15:41 PM »
Mako
Your apology is accepted.   

Had you read and understood the Terms and Conditions of  this forum you would have found a paragraph stating that  Posting / Linking of Copyright material is not allowed  without the  permission of the coyright holder .   That was put in because of the danger that this site could be closed down  if it persisted in allowing such downloads  so your knowledge of copyright law is flawed

You have been here before ? . I very much doubt it or  you woud not have posted  the book knowing the  dangers
of doing so.
You don't give a toss about me or litigation ?  No worries for me here but  you may be still be contacted by  Smashwords lawyers .

I am trying to be tough ? You may find that Smashwords lawyers  are the real tough guys !

Have a nice day !
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 07:17:37 PM by scepticus »

Psyclez

« Reply #848 on: June 06, 2019, 02:31:04 AM »
Have some new ideas scep if you'd be kind enough to continue commenting... Yes on the surface the blocks focus on sets of 3, but like you said, there are many ways to look at it..
I think it's important to focus on the 9 doubles!! Because just like the current layout that we are presented with, double streets (6 groups of 6) dozens (3 groups of 12) etc etc,  we can create our own (9 groups of 4) by simply combining a dozen and a column! From that,  we could then even label the numbers of doubles from 1-9....
Anyone have any creative ideas on playing 9 self defined groups of 4 using sceps ideas?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:55:45 AM by Psyclez »

The following users thanked this post: Third, UnlikelySam

Psyclez

« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2019, 02:54:50 AM »
.....2 of these "groups of 4 " have majority red and 2 groups have majority black.... like their relative columns....
So in 4 spins we actually get 4 numbers from 1-9.. To play for a Repeat of any of those 9 numbers I think the combinations are pretty clear... But this whole post is based on things that must happen... So i wonder what else we can come up with!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:38:38 AM by Psyclez »

The following users thanked this post: Third

scepticus

« Reply #850 on: June 06, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »
Psyclez

Many forum members prefer to bet on the inside because they have higher payouts . All  too many seek to WIN BIG rather than adopt  the Ed.Thorp and Warren Buffet strategy of “ Get Rich Slowly “ .   So the type of bet we make depends on the Risk Profile of the Bettor.

I think we should use - as a guide - the Expectation Chart posted earlier by vitorwally. This will keep us grounded.
( Note that the Expectation Chart never reaches 100% despite Naysayers  claim that we MUST lose Eventually . )

For example .
Dealing with  Dozens it suggests that for an 80% chance we should make no more than 4 bets and  make our Bet Size fit that amount. 

At all times the Bettor should bear in mind that RISK OF LOSS is always there  and you simply cannot control variance . We should heed  the advice of  professionals in other fields of gambling -Financial Markets -Sports Betting etc. and risk no more than 5% of our bankroll on any one bet . 

The following users thanked this post: Third, UnlikelySam

scepticus

« Reply #851 on: June 06, 2019, 09:03:39 AM »
Psyclez

On the Inside you could start with the indicated D and C which gives 20 numbers .

ASSUME that  any of these 20 numbers has a better chance of winning than the other 17. Betting  20 numbers is not advisable so need to be reduced.

First leave out the Coincidentals - the  4 numbers where the  Dozen and Column meet . This leaves 16 numbers .

Next leave out the numbers within the Dice - Except where the total of 6 is involved ( the second dozen ).

The  remaining numbers can be bet as  Splits to reduce the outlay .

The following users thanked this post: Third

Psyclez

« Reply #852 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:41 PM »
Quick thought......if at any point your selection is 1 of the 2 columns that have an imbalance of colour, and you bet 1 unit on that column combined with 1 unit on the minority colour within that column, you can essentially cover 26 numbers with 2 units ??? 
I'm no math guy so I don't much about probability etc but this may help somebody in constructing something over a series of bets..
Still trying to twist and turn things.. More to play around with!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:52:59 PM by Psyclez »

scepticus

« Reply #853 on: June 12, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »
Psyclez

The easiest way to calculate roulette ideas is to work out the maths / arithmetic in a set of 36 spins after which you allow one lost bet to allow for the zero - or number 37  ;D

In your example a 1 unit bet on a column  is expected to win 12 times in 36  and so yields    a return of 36. ( 12 x 3  )

The 1 unit bet on a colour is expected to win 18 times in 36 spins and yield a return of 36 . (  18 x 2 )

A total return of 72 chips.

The outlay would be 36 x 2 = 72 chips .

So Break - Even .

Now allow one lost bet of 2 chips . Your expectation over an average  37  spins  is Minus 2 chips .  A deficit  of 2.7% of bets made.

That is the Theory . As all gamblers should  know , theories do not always work out in practice.
Keep thinking though. You'll get there !
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:37:17 PM by scepticus »

Psyclez

« Reply #854 on: June 12, 2019, 11:40:19 PM »
Thanks scep and  because I'm not a math guy I have a couple of questions... Of the 4 possibilities when dealing with the sets of 3 over 4 spins, in your opinion are they all equal - or are any combination of the combinations more likely than another 2... for example if the combinations themselves are a true 1/4 chance and the bets within those combinations are a 1/3 chance... might it be wiser to select combinations 123 and 234- as we are only betting 1 unit on each of those combinations at a time... Sure we have 2 against us on each "bet" but we are covering 2/4 of the combinations - so if we are expected to win 50% of the combinations than we do so at odds of 2/1 rather than winning 50% of the time betting 2/3 possibilities...