Author Topic: Scep' s roulette strategies .  (Read 159386 times)

Psyclez

Re: Scep' s roulette strategies .
« Reply #810 on: May 17, 2019, 09:55:03 PM »
Why look at only 4 spins scep... Why not a 3x13 block filled with permutations of 123 for a guaranteed 5 hits... Or is 4 optimal for your parlay strategy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:00:06 PM by Psyclez »

Psyclez

« Reply #811 on: May 18, 2019, 02:36:33 AM »
Also, apart from the coincidentals... what about on the third spin playing for the opposite...  so if 3rd spin indicates us to bet against dozen 3 as suggested in 124 strategy, we play for dozen 1 and 2 like normal, but play for it to lose by betting on column 3... if 1 and 2 lose we lose.. but we get our money back and break even on the column... or vica verca... So I feel there would have to be another stream played...! Or block... like EC's...

UnlikelySam

« Reply #812 on: May 18, 2019, 04:12:18 AM »
" Do you mean that the last 2 results were Away win - Away win.?There is no equation. "

Scep I know there's no "equation" ; metaphorically speaking offcourse :D I just like the sound of "equation" :P

As I said I understand your 9x9 perfectly 8)  My dilemma is how to apply it to football :-[

Let's say today's matchup is Psg vs Nimes.

Last 2 matches they played this were the results :

Psg 2 Nimes 1 (home win equating to 1)

Nimes 1 Psg 1 ( draw equating to 2) - Last match

So according to block 1 we have a match of 1233

Using the 124 group we are not betting the "3rd" so we will go for a 1 and 2. So we bet on Home win and a Draw...

Now here is were the problem arises in football ; the odds are always adjusted and at times never to be in favour of the punter. The two ways around it if possible is using two different bookies to see who is offering the better of odds for the respective bets or adjust your staking to see if a profit can be generated... On a side note match dates are sometimes many weeks apart but no biggie...

Now say the result  is Psg wins... A home win " 1 "    We win... ;)

So the next matchup we will parlay our winnings on 3 according to 1233 the match ends up in an Away win a " 3 "We win again yipeeeee ;D  In an ideal world ;)  Scep this is all out of sheer curiosity as I love football even if I do not place a bet just to see this all play out in a totally different format virtually  ::)

scepticus

« Reply #813 on: May 18, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »
Hi psyclez and unlikely sam

Thanks for your interest. A bit different from the usual ignorant replies  !

First .

The 9 blocks were devised for betting on the “ Football Pools “ away back in the 1940’s. The punters were given 12  matches and  was required to guess correctly - All 12  to win a share of the top prize- 11 correct to win a share of the second prize and 10 correct to win a share of the  3rd prize . 9 correct and below got nothing.

The 9 blocks  - covering 4 matches -  were designed as an aid for the more difficult matches.

So, Sam. It covered 4 matches not one . Using it for one team you would need  to consider the odds on offer for the particular match or matches. Difficult  but intriguing ! What you could do is take the results from 2 prior matches - say the night before - and use them as the first 2 and use them to indicate 3 and 4.

Or, You could delete the columns which you consider to have the least likely combination of results .
Psyclez

Using 4 spins mean that it is “ short and sweet “ ( or sour !) without  hassle. It is really about guessing about the result of 3 and  / or 4 as 1 and 2 cannot be bet for profit.     

Using an Assumption  or Assumptions  we  can use the dozens AND columns   to  bet on the inside.

No need for stats !   No need for divine intervention !

Happy punting !

UnlikelySam

« Reply #814 on: May 18, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »
" The 9 blocks were devised for betting on the “ Football Pools “ away back in the 1940’s. The punters were given 12  matches and  was required to guess correctly - All 12  to win a share of the top prize- 11 correct to win a share of the second prize and 10 correct to win a share of the  3rd prize . 9 correct and below got nothing. "

Hey Scep... Wow... I know of something similar in place...

" Using it for one team you would need  to consider the odds on offer for the particular match or matches. Difficult  but intriguing ! What you could do is take the results from 2 prior matches - say the night before - and use them as the first 2 and use them to indicate 3 and 4. "

That's what I posted earlier :o   Prefer the H2H stats though...Great minds Scep great minds ; or perhaps fools seldom differ :P  I prefer the former ::)

Nice... Good on ya Scep 8)

Psyclez

« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2019, 05:37:44 AM »
Ive been playing around with this using columns and dozens on a rolling basis...
So never will there be "no bet" or waiting because you just use the last two results as your first 2 spins and press forward.....
Seems to me that most of the time on spin 3 you either win "one or the other" to be parlayed onto spin 4... These are the basics and I'm enjoying it alot scep so thanks, im still yet to incorporate other numbersets like coincidentals with straights etc.. Baby steps!

scepticus

« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »
Thanks Psyclez
I find that " inside bets "- either splits or Straight- Ups win are preferable ". You win more when you win !
The reason why using the 9 blocks  is a reasonable strategy  is because any one number of any  3 and 4 combination has 5 chances in 9 of being correct . Not 1 in 3 and 1 in 3.
Keep jugglimg !
Regards 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:24:23 AM by scepticus »

The following users thanked this post: Third

scepticus

« Reply #817 on: May 30, 2019, 11:35:40 AM »
I think the easiest way to try and profit from roulette is to use maths . Maths is about numbers - roulette is about numbers . The wheel , obviously , has physical properties but today’s wheels  are so cleverly designed and  maintained that it is disingenuous to think they can be “ exploited “.

Using maths? Use an  Assumption and develop an hypothesis from that  assumption .

An  Example I have given before .

If we assume that Red is as likely as Black why should we bet the majority colour of a combined Dozen and Column ?
Betting only the MINORITY colour of it gives an Edge. The question therefore is -  is Red as likely as Black -, and vice - versa ?

Thinking  along those lines has led me to profit from my betting  .  ( Using  a 9 Block of course !    ;D    )

The following users thanked this post: kav, Astutillo

Third

« Reply #818 on: May 30, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »
What does majority color and minority color mean?  Why would betting the minority color be better than betting the majority color?

scepticus

« Reply #819 on: May 30, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »
Third.
The second Column has a majority of blacks compared to reds.
The third Column has a majority of  red over  blacks.

The first Column has an equal number of reds and blacks.
So by betting the lesser of the two you gain better value  because you are betting less numbers for the same payback of 36.
  BUT ONLY IF RED IS AS LIKELY AS BLACK AND VICE _ VERSA !    As  we are constantly told that it is why shouldn't it be.?.
It is, as you can see ,  an assumption which , if true , will give the Bettor an Edge.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:21:28 PM by scepticus »

The following users thanked this post: Psyclez

Third

« Reply #820 on: May 30, 2019, 06:27:52 PM »
My problem is that there are still two other columns to deal with that contain the color we are betting?

Psyclez

« Reply #821 on: May 31, 2019, 12:25:45 AM »

Always wondered how to play around with those imbalances so thanks for that scep more to look into...
Here's another quick idea I thought of while playing around with the dozens/columns alone idea on a rolling basis that may help somebody with their selection process....
Of the 4 combinations- 123, 124, 134, 234 - over the course of 11 spins - 1 of these combinations MUST repeat...
Scep has told us it is up to us which combinations we choose to play for.....
Take these 13 spins for example....
May help somebody come up with some new ideas... 

Dozens       Columns
4            124                123
22                                123
22          124               
24          123                234
3            123
29          123                234
23          234               234
20          123                124
11           234                124

Psyclez

« Reply #822 on: May 31, 2019, 01:56:50 AM »
My bad small mistake in the columns stream, I put the 124 combo on the wrong line it should be on spin 12 not 11, and the next result would then be combo 123 because using the last 2 numbers 20 and 18 which are columns 2 and 3 roulette then gave us 11, which is column 2 resulting in 123 in column 6 of the 9 block

scepticus

« Reply #823 on: May 31, 2019, 02:07:58 AM »
Third
That is where the 9 Blocks come into it.  They determine ONE dozen and ONE column so here are 20 numbers to consider.
Take Psyclez' s  examples of , say the 123 . Bet  the 3rd D  and C  after the 1-2   . If these are , say . the 3rd Dozen and the 3rd Column then you leave out all the reds  in the 3rd D and 3rd C because it is the majority colour.  You are now left with 9 blacks which is a 3/ 1 shot.
The possibilities  of both happening on the same spin are 20 /37  x  1 /2 whichis 20 / 74 which is 666 bet for wins of 720 over 37 spins. an advantageto the punter .
 This is based on the Assumption  that  Red is as likely as Black  and vice - versa .

That is only one way that we can use a 9 block with no need for progressions-or Stats .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 02:10:01 AM by scepticus »

scepticus

« Reply #824 on: May 31, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »
Psyclez
good thinking !  more later .