Author Topic: I just have to post it!!  (Read 2313 times)

mr j

I just have to post it!!
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »
Did not want to but this is too crazy. As usual, the loony left (liberals) always come up with something new.
They now want the Disney classic Snow White banned because >> the main scene when Snow White is sleeping. I dont recall is she was sick or something?? Anyways, the prince kisses her and she wakes up.

The issue? Snow White never gave him CONSENT for that kiss. Snow White is now part of the #MeToo movement. I cant make this s**t up. Thank God I'm not part of the lunacy over there.

Ken

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

gizmotron

Re: I just have to post it!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »
She's just a fake life anyway. I mean she's the poster child for everything liberal. She's a helpless victim of an eval witch Trump, and needs a trans-gender approved kiss to break the magic spell. But, she's white. And we all know that white people have all the advantages. So that prince aught to take one look at her, see that he is a shameful sex pervert, and leave that bitch to rot. So now Nancy Pelosi can rule the kingdom and abolish ICE. That's the social justice happy ending.

mr j

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
Yep, in todays goofy world, that would be assault.

alcatraz

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »
Source?

mr j

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
An article from a liberal arts program in California (I will look for it). I am NOT saying every liberal thinks like this but I sure am not surprised.

Ken

Mako

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 08:46:13 PM »
I believe it.  But not because of "looney liberals", which is what an 8 year old would probably say, nice Ken heheh, but because we have raised a generation of children who never had to overcome obstacles...their parents never gave them the chance to learn how to handle adversity, they swept away any issue the children might have encountered, thus robbing them of being able to learn how to fight for themselves.

Interestingly, these kids have come from BOTH parties, as research doesn't show a bend one way or the other, close to 50/50, in terms of "snowflake" propensity in young adults under the age of 25 currently.

This is why you see all the "safe space", "triggers", "don't let Ann Coulter/Bill Maher (right/left) come to our university, we want them banned from speaking", etc, etc, stuff that's been increasing the past few years in our college campuses.  It's a recent/new event, something that hit fast and hard out of seemingly nowhere.

It's a shame really, and something that didn't exist until recently as I mentioned.  It's a parenting issue, one we need to fix.

Good book on it, but there are countless others if interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Coddling-American-Mind-Intentions-Generation/dp/0735224897?keywords=coddling&qid=1540759178&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1 [nofollow]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:49:18 PM by Mako »

mr j

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »
MOST of the LOONY feelings BS comes from the LEFT regardless if you want to admit it or not. The Snow White thing, you seem surprised it came from the left. MANY other goofy s**t, eliminating playing tag for little school kids (the left), participation trophies so no FEELINGS are hurt (the left again) etc.
Liberals mostly deal with feelings. Conservatives mostly deal with difficult policy doings.

mr j

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
Liberals are driven by feelings, not economic reasons.

Mako

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »
Liberals are driven by feelings, not economic reasons.

Liberals elected Reagan, twice.  He attracted more than half of the left's vote, which no other candidate from an opposition party have ever come close to since. Short memory Ken. ;)

ALL people vote their feelings, right-wingers aren't voting because they're so sharp on economic policy.  They're not.  Trump is burning money like he's lighting it on fire, and both Obama and Bush did previously.

No, the only reason Trump is even in the white house is because of "feelings"...from feelings of xenophobia, to feelings of "getting my country back" to feelings of a certain % of Americans over the age of 50 feeling marginalized, not understanding why their wages haven't grown in 30 years through multiple administrations by both parties, etc.

Trump won ONLY because of "feelings", because he certainly had nothing on his resume that indicated he would be anything other than what he is currently as President.

The left certainly engages in more of the PC nonsense we see, their media gins it up for their audience as I said. But they don't have a monopoly on it by a longshot.  Again, 50% of "safe space" students, 50% of "snowflakes", 50% of "we don't want free speech, we don't want Bill Maher to come here ever" students...are from Republican households.

It's an indictment of our parenting more than an indictment on any political institution.  The young are pussies, equally, from both parties, come on it's fun to pick on them Ken, join me!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:06:01 PM by Mako »

mr j

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 09:05:10 PM »
We highly disagree with each other, no biggie. I cant even be friends with a liberal, they disgust me to the bone.

Ken

Mako

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »
We highly disagree with each other, no biggie. I cant even be friends with a liberal, they disgust me to the bone.

Ken

I can.  They just want a better world, they want to right injustice, they want to keep trillionaire oligarchs from taking away even basic levels of human rights.  They want equality, so your sister, or your mom, can get a fair shake in this world...What's not to like?

And on the republican side, they just want personal empowerment, they want people to find the strength in themselves to achieve great things in their lives, they want individuals to understand that a sword is forged is very hot fire, and without that fire, humanity is lazy or unmotivated or uninspired. They want to demonstrate that handouts never created an environment in which anyone achieved anything...What's not to like?

The rest is bulls*** tribalism, ginned up by left and right media sources, who are doing it to make you a sucker.  You think you're a part of their "team", because they say things you like...but you're not.  They'd burn your house to the ground for a dollar, they're on THEIR team.  It's evil, and wrong, and a shame.

mr j

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »
Injustice? You act like gays have to sit in the back of the bus. (lol)

mr j

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
Then we have Megyn Kelly fired for TALKING about black face. She apologized. Roseanne fired over one tweet.She apologized. Jimmy Kimmel & Jimmy Fallon BOTH do a black face skit. The libs thought it was funny as heck, both still have their job. DISGUSTING!!!!

mr j

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:39 PM »
The #MeToo movement, started by lefties again. All about FEELINGS. You take Kobe Bryant a couple years ago winning an Oscar. He is a black liberal (his words). So he wins and the mostly liberal crowd applaud and applaud and applaud. Elite Hollywood hypocrites. DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mako

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
Injustice? You act like gays have to sit in the back of the bus. (lol)

Being paid less than others, for the same work at the same competency level (or better), is injustice.  There are many examples, but wage inequality has been proven by studies on both the left and the right, so the consensus opinion is in on it, and it's not too great.

Getting better though, thanks to efforts on both sides by female Republican lawmakers working with Democrats to try and reverse it a bit in recent decades.

Anyone fighting for an equal shake for everyone is something to be admired, I don't have a problem with it so long as it doesn't trample on the rights or chances for success for anyone else.

That's what affirmative action as a mechanical policy gets wrong, you can't equally apply a rule to every circumstance without hurting the rights of others.  But affirmative action as a fluid and flexible policy, aimed only at areas where a clear imbalance proven in a bipartisan way to have been the result of discrimination...that's not bad.

It's a mix.  Really a mix of the two parties, as with all things in life, usually provides the best answer to a problem.  Too much left, too much right = many previous failures that are proven.

The following users thanked this post: Rinad