Author Topic: Dice addiction in ancient India  (Read 414 times)

Dane

Dice addiction in ancient India
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
Einstein stated that "God does not play dice".
 But dice addiction was known in ancient India. You´ll find the proof  in "Gamblers hymn, Rig Veda, 10th Mandala".

MrPerfect.

Re: Dice addiction in ancient India
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:59:12 PM »
Funny, but kind of " of topic". Indians ( bangladesh) are very much affected by gambling.
   Restorant l used work , was belong to Indian lady. She was so much gambling addicted that used business money in it. Bank insisted to close restorant down... that's how l became full time advantage player.

Dane

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:58:16 AM »
I am amused that you find it funny.  I am aware that it is a kind of "off topic", and I am sure that you´ll find no full time advantage player mentioned in the  ancient Vedas. Not even in Veda house in Stockholm. But addicted people are everywhere. Rig Veda might not be your first choice, and I admit that many of its parts  are difficult to comprehend in modern time and age.
This hymn in particular, however, describes gambling symptoms easy to relate to.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 11:40:08 PM »
Ayurveda is my " first choice" 24 years already. ;)
  Nice that even in Stockholm they study my culture.

Dane

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
Some of us were together with Maharishi  in Stockholm in 1983.
 Of course not in order to throw dice as in Rig Veda :)
A little later he played a role in spreading the knowledge of this ancient and holistic health system called ayur veda. Of course you know that (according to ayur  veda) we are dominated by three main doshas: Vata, kapha and pita. First and foremost we should live our lives in accordance with our main doshas or body types. For my part I´ll avoid too much sun and sour stuff (typical pitta).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:11:05 AM by Dane »