Author Topic: Who is at the controls?  (Read 1030 times)

MickyP

Who is at the controls?
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »
A while before I announced my withdrawal from Roulette30 I noticed sporadic mediation that created a window for extreme absurdities to go  unchecked. Reyth then went MIA and it was almost like a free-for-all as we entered a spiral dive toward mother house edge (mother earth). I have received messages from concerned forum members about Reyth, the lack of moderation and the unexplained name change of the forum. I am just a normal member who played my part strategically hoping for mediators to control kens outbursts as well as my unsavory replies to him. I took the deleting of my link to Steve's post on his analysis of Kens instability as an insult to my integrity. I saw the discussion pick up the rating ( daily visits) to over 300. Now... the daily visits are locked on 89 even when there are 88 visitors and 8 members logged into the forum. Is South African Internet not up to speed?

I would like the management of "roulettelife,com to announce themselves and to identify the moderators of the forum so the registered members can at least refer issues to a know pseudonym. Please explain to those of us who supported and continue to support the forum why the name change was necessary and why certain threads are no longer accessible on the forum (Dobblesteen blog is one that can not be accessed)?

Kav, you thank the respondents to your request to select a forum logo but you don't open up and respond to posted opinions. Who decided on the name "roulettelife"? It does not register on google unless you punch in dot com (roulettelife.com).

I feel the registered members of the forum should at least be given an explanation seeing as the forum owes its success to us who registered and contributed to creating this forum into the envy of others. I say this because when I decided to join the forum I was impressed with the constant input from management and the discipline exercised by members in their postings. I do regret challenging Scepticus in the childish way I did because I have acquired knowledge of the game that begs his input as my game has evolved into finding a mathematical solution to a random game.

To cut to the chase Kav, Please explain to us why the changes in a winning recipe (Roulette30) were necessary and what we can expect from Roulettelife,com going forward?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:09:19 PM by MickyP »

thomasleor

Re: Who is at the controls?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:15 PM »
Kav has no responsibilities to caress your ongoing whining ego that seems to never know what it really wants,  and much less keeping what it constantly proclaims to be a finality of presence. You have made your word carry the value of zero.  8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:24:06 PM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: mr j, The Bedsit Botter

MickyP

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:30:43 PM »
Currently based on probability I have about 5% probability of an informative response from the management of the forum. Am I pissing against a leaking fire hydrant? Will anyone smell my presence or do I have to bark the f*** out of the neighbors? Do I join the partisans who have an enemy other than the roulette wheel?

thomasleor, I have not has an issue with you till my departure from the forum. I still recall backing your thoughts (posts) and after my departure you trashed me, this is your second trashing; at least you are mindful of your words. Thank you. Wouldn't you like to know what's going on with the forum? 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:38:54 PM by MickyP »

thomasleor

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
It strikes me that your presence here has been more about politics than about the game of roulette itself. This site was constructed with the latter in mind and not the former.

I believe its new name needs only time and an intellectual investment from its members to get the life intended by its owner. To dwell in the whys, hows and whens, is merely empty semantics leading nowhere.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:44:07 PM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: mr j

MickyP

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
Point taken thomasleor. Do we not as Roulette players investigate and research all aspects of the game to establish a credible way forward to mastering the game? Why should we then accept non moderation and silence as the norm to the foundation for new threads on the game?

thomasleor

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:11 PM »
Why should we then accept non moderation and silence as the norm to the foundation for new threads on the game?

Simple. The man is Greek. Greece is presently in its holiday season. Consequently, the man is probably on holiday, on a beach, munching on a water melon listening to the soothing sound of waves during their time at any given golden shore of relaxations, or trying to romance his girl at the local fish restaurant, listening to some bouzouki music or whatever they play these days...

Give the man a break.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:13:46 PM by thomasleor »

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:29 PM »
I'd like to be in your pictured paradise. How about him letting us know that he is now man alone and when he will be out of technologies reach. I appreciate your explanation and if it's true I feel for Kav but it's one long game...lol... and there has to be a captain to keep us off the rocks, if you get my drift...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:34:25 PM by MickyP »

leowls

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 06:06:11 AM »
In most of the forums I frequent there will be an admin (the boss) and several moderators (deputies), so maybe when Kav returns we can raise the matter to him and choose a moderator among us who has good moral values and is impartial to keep things in control.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:13:59 AM by leowls »

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

GIAJJENNO

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:04 PM »
Example me ;D

mr j

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
"Example me" >> Ummmm yeah, you're non-bias.  ::)

leowls

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 02:02:55 PM »
"Example me" >> Ummmm yeah, you're non-bias.  ::)

lol i knew this is coming

mr j

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
The three people (and a couple more) that should not be a mod *HERE* are >> myself, Giajj. &  MickyP (the retired guy).

Ken