blockdamofo

Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: The House Edge...  (Read 2585 times)

MickyP

The House Edge...
« on: April 04, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »
The house edge (HE), calculated by the shortfall in a win payout is set at 2.7%. This is equivalent to one number on the wheel (single zero wheel).

Much has been written about the HE and heated discussions have turned cold and left players to decide if the house edge is indeed the cause of loss. When the argument weakens the HE is sugar coated with variance to give it that much needed second breath.

See what happens if the house edge is removed. The payout changes from 35 - 1 to 36 - 1. This means if all the numbers (37) are played you will break even (36 plus the unit on the winning bet =37).
When betting less numbers you will simply win one unit extra each time you win. I find it hard to believe that at 35 - 1 winning one unit less when you win can be the cause of so much loss in the game.

mr j

Re: The House Edge...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 01:38:47 AM »
 "one unit less when you win can be the cause of so much loss in the game" >> Well, we half agree with each other. Its a start. As I have said.....the solution to your question/issue, is because you guys are *INCLUDING* so many COLD numbers in your bets. You bet a line, maybe a street, a corner, column, red/black etc.

Embedded in those numbers *ARE* some COLD numbers and units are wasted, betting on the entire GROUP.

Agreed, off the top of your head, you most likely will not be able to identify those numbers.

Meaning, you are betting the 7-12 DS because its hot (cough). The 7 9 & 11 make it so. The info you dont have in front of you is that the 8 & 12 have not hit in over 150 spins. 

Why not only bet the 7 9 & 11? I'm only trying to answer the above question. Ignore my post.

Ken

Fyodor

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:18:29 AM »
The given "house edge" of 2.7%, is actually a trojan horse, in that it hides or disguises the reality.
The 2.7% house edge, only applies to a single chip, on a single number per spin, that WINS!
To explain it in simple (straight-up wagers) terms, say you wager S.U. on ten numbers, and one of them hits.
Each pocket on the wheel represents a 2.7% division/percentage of the wheel, including each of the ten numbers you have covered.
Even a WIN, costs you 90% of your outlay and the twenty-seven numbers that can beat you cold, totals 72.9% of the wheel/layout.
Add the 90% (9@2,7%=24,3%) of your wager that is lost to the house, and you have 97.2%, the payout percentage as opposed to the true (100%) payout if there were no house "edge" advantage.
Needless to say, your "winning result" equals a meagre 3.5 to 1.
Just giving away money, in my opinion.

MickyP

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:57:22 AM »
Two great replies.

Fyodor, your calling the house edge a trojan horse is in my mind spot on. In reality any bet that exceeds playing one number is compounding the house edge as only one number at a time can win. So in reality again, the house edge is not actually 2.7% but is subject to the bet selection. The minimum house edge is 2.7%.

Ken, I do agree with you that it is advisable to play fewer numbers and to only play hot or potential repeaters but you have no way of knowing if your selection will preform as expected. A hot/repeater could suddenly go cold and you could catch yourself playing cold numbers.
You see, in order to play hot/repeat numbers you have to do two things; one, use spin history and two, identify a trigger to start betting. But you believe triggers don't trigger anything so how do you work out when to start playing if you don't use a trigger?
This is the second time I'm asking you this question and hopefully you'll answer it.
Don't be afraid to sound like a rookie; it's fashionable these days.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:18:00 AM »
I do not see a problem in betting more numbers if all of them supposed to have positive expectation. Obviously only one number will be profitable in every individual spin, but other numbers will be profitable on other spins.
  More numbers player bet , more costly are mistakes, but less variance to be expected.
   Nobody stops the player to bet more on numbers that show higher edge either.
   Less variance is very helpful with math betting as well... it's very difficult to play betting one number only, but starting from 4 numbers Kelly or Klotz criteria can be used to maximise win.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

Fyodor

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
MickyP, If you are looking for a qualifiable "template" to consider, (to provide the smallest footprint target) I have found that the "TC" holds up very well.
 Simple, effective and simply reliable!

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »
Will you please elaborate Fyodor.

mr j

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »
"but starting from 4 numbers" >> and BINGO was his name!!

mr j

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:15 PM »
 "But you believe triggers don't trigger anything so how do you work out when to start playing if you don't use a trigger?" >> I know what you are trying to do. You (and your crew) use the oddest reasons for "triggers".

......after this column pattern appears, A-C-B, the same pattern never repeats and thats our trigger but only if an even number has hit. Bet the opposite pattern within two spins, thats our trigger!!

I might bet the 23 (example) cause it hit three times in 30 spins.....that might be my REASON for betting but you'll call that a trigger (cough). Do me a favor man, dont ever put yourself (or your crew) in MY grouping again, thank you.

Ken

petespin

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
I ll say it one more time , house edge is not the readon players lose in roulette i d day that roulette is really fair game , he is too low , the real problem call variance ( or cheating sometimes???) .

petespin

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
Sorry for wtong typing , roulette does has low house edge compared with other games , but how u can avoid cheating y?

MickyP

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 03:20:43 PM »
Ken, for a seasoned, experienced, knowledgeable, know it all, wannabe big shot your answer was so lame.
What do they say, attack is the best form of defence. Your attack was equally as lame.
Hope I didn't hurt your feeling by exposing your hypocrisy.

DONE!

The following users thanked this post: ShadowBlue

MickyP

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 04:02:20 PM »
If 23 hit 3 times in 30 spins, you start betting on it. What inspired you to start betting? Divine intervention? NO. It's called a TRIGGER.

"Oldest reasons for triggers." Are there new reasons?

You use all the old tools to play but you're smart, you gave them new names, like Stop Loss is now called Fail Safe if I'm correct.

PSHHHHHHH!

mr j

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 06:43:13 PM »
"If 23 hit 3 times in 30 spins, you start betting on it. What inspired you to start betting?" >> As I said, it was only an example. Listen up rookie, accept it that "your type" play as if its all fun-n-games.

I play seriously and calculated. I dont choose my when/why numbers entering the game based on some silly "trigger", which BTW, will never allow you to win long term. Sorry, them the facts. Dry your eyes kid. You asked me to answer you (I did). You dont have to like the answer but I DID respond.

Ken

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
Yes you did respond; I'll give you that. Is your hot repeater system also just an example?  You know, the system that you advise people to follow your rules to the T, only we discovered you didn't have all the rules in place and made them up as you went along. And you call yourself a professional. This system relies on triggers. Check your rules.
I really don't mind being called a newbie or kid because I understand that that's how you express yourself. Too many John Wayne movies.
I prefer Clint Eastwood movies; "Make my day...punk!"

The following users thanked this post: ShadowBlue