Poll

Do you believe in luck?

Yes
No
Let me toss a coin

Author Topic: Do you believe in luck? (poll)  (Read 2390 times)

kav

Do you believe in luck? (poll)
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:06:17 PM »
MrJ posted this quote in the Wise Quotes topic:

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My answer was:
Call me what you want.  I do believe in luck. And I think men who don't believe in luck are probably either naive or arrogant. 8)

Do YOU believe in luck?
Why? Why not?

heatmap

Re: Do you believe in luck? (poll)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »
luck === chance for me

Scarface

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »
I believe in luck!  "Control is an illusion"  to quote Mr Robot (great show btw)

The following users thanked this post: kav

petespin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
its very big mistake for humans to believe in luck , everything in world caused by something , turning back in my life i see clearly that it was my mistake to let the things in... luck ,

MickyP

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »
Luck plays a big part in gambling. In roulette the odds of winning a spin (make a profit) can be varied through your bet selection so you can manipulate luck into expectation but not to certainty.

The next spin prediction subject has been debated extensively on the forum and although there is a degree of accuracy, all agree that predicting every spin correctly can not be done. So even predictions rely on luck as it is not an exact science.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
The less player rely on the luck, more lucky he becomes.

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »
Hahaha, so true MrPerfect, so true.

mr j

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:15:00 PM »
Luck = Rely (same thing)

If you have to rely on it in order to win, dont even bother going. Stay home.

Ken

MickyP

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
Now that's a statement from the peanut gallery. Care to explain.

mr j

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »
and only 6 minutes. As usual, MickyP (RouletteGhost) hot on my trail.....again.

DrTalos

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:08 PM »
Luck exist. Otherwise, how can you justify success of the people you do not like?

The following users thanked this post: kav, MickyP

mr j

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 02:00:15 AM »
but do you want to RELY on it??

"I can only win today if luck is on my side".

Rinad

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 03:11:42 AM »

if a player get undeserved wins in a bunch, no matter who plays, I guaranty they will feel very lucky that day. it happens to all of us, and more often then we actualy remember. it is a funny thing, but I have noticed talking and speaking with many players over the years, that 80% of them remember more the "unlucky bad streaks then the good ones always". I think it is in our belief system. I always hear about the stories where they get the worst deal as they explain those bad "times", but rarely you hear from them the "happy stories", yet they happen all the time.
you cant beleive in being "unlucky" and not beleive in "luck". I can count on those unusual great hits about every time I play.  Louis Pasteur said also that " luck favors the prepared mind", so no matter what we call it, we can actually through diligent hard work get "more of it " then the regular Joe get by expecting it as we prepare for it.
good subject,
God bless,
Rinad

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

petespin

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 05:23:13 AM »
Definition of luck , is to at the right moment at the right place , (and the opposote if u wete finf at wrong place lets day if a drunk guy with his car falling over u!)  now lets see if is there a skill to forseen when good things coming,  u have to be cool and pattient ,only then have what is call luck on your side , if u panic ...forget it ...u can see suvcesfull giys and conclude , i ve seen in my life this scenario tjousands times , i be seen succesfiull guys to go down becoz of their mistakes , what luck has to do with that? We all rule our fate , ...unless u libe in syria ...where putin and asad rule yout life ..sadly...

petespin

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 05:32:14 AM »
Never forget we. Live in imperfect world, if we had the chance to live in a perfect world , there will not such a thing as what is call luck , as all our decisions would be right!! Posibly in near future this going to happen , when humans touch the perfection , dont getting sick ,old, and die but live forever young !