Author Topic: Red/Black Odd/Even bets  (Read 1045 times)

leowls

Red/Black Odd/Even bets
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »
Hi guys,

If we divide the results in blocks of 3, we will have the following 8 possible combinations:

1 RRR      3 RBR     5 BRR     7 BBR
2 RRB      4 RBB     6 BRB     8 BBB

If you martingale on either R or B, there is 7/8 chance of winning the session. The only problem is when you hit a RRR or BBB block, in which case you lose 7 units. Therefore to maximize the chance of winning, place a bet only when either 3 Rs or Bs have occurred and bet on the 1st and 2nd spins of the 2nd block. If lose on the 1st round, double up on the 2nd. This is because out of the 7 winning combinations, (assuming you are betting on R) 6 blocks contains an R element in either in the 1st or 2nd position of the block and only 1 block in the last position. Our chance of winning here is 6/7. We will not risk our bankroll on the BBR block since there is only a 1/7 chance it will come to effect. This is to help curb unnecessary losses before moving on to the next session with the next level of progression.

Some simple 2 elements per level of progression is needed here since the win rate is high.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:39:26 AM by leowls »

The following users thanked this post: kav

Rourke

Re: Red/Black Odd/Even bets
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:06:03 PM »
I'm sorry... I think this will fail pretty quick. What happens if B-B-B occurs and you start betting on R and then you'll get B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B...?

leowls

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »
at such you would have stopped at BBBBB in which case you only lost 2 rounds...wait for a while for it to normalise or switch to another table. To make it safer you can wait for a virtual loss to occur before placing your bet.

The following users thanked this post: Rourke

Scarface

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »
I'd rather do the opposite, and parlay, and only risk 1 unit for a chance to win 8.  The odds of winning a parlay is the same.

Worse case for 8 losses in a row with Martingale 1-2-4 progression for 8 rounds is -56 units

Worse case for 8 losses in a row with parlay positive progression is -8 units

Best case if you win 8 rounds in a row with Martingale is 1 unit a round, so in 8 rounds you can only win 8 units

Best case if you win 8 rounds in a row on Parlay is 64 units

So in 8 rounds with a negative progression the most you can win is only 8 units...but you're risking up to 56 units of your own money.

But with the parlay bet, you can win up to 64 units best case scenerio, but you're risking only 8 units of your own money.

Also, you said after 2 losses raise wager so this will make potential losses way steeper than the examples I just gave. 

The odds are the same.  Got to look at risk vs reward  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:39:27 PM by Scarface »

The following users thanked this post: scepticus, leowls