Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: Shorting hot numbers  (Read 928 times)

kav

• https://www.youtube.com/c/rouletteman
  • Administrator
Shorting hot numbers
« on: March 10, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »
A trading-investment analogy.

Is betting on cold numbers similar to shorting hot numbers as overvalued?

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

MrPerfect.

Re: Shorting hot numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
Strange analogy... unless you bet all cold numbers and other numbers that are not hot... but you better do not.
    Roulette is strictly up trend investment on good numbers that give profit over time...

Reyth

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »
Some companies just suck...  :o

If we use a day trading model, we will change our portfolio at the end of each day.  This doesn't mean changing numbers but instead changing financial climate. ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:24:53 PM by Reyth »

The following users thanked this post: kav

Scarface

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:34:21 PM »
I think so.  If comparing roulette to trading, I think if a stock is on an upward trend it will most likely continue on that trend (in the short term)....same with betting a group of numbers, if they're continuing to hit keep playing and don't change.

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

Reyth

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 01:34:16 AM »
Ya I agree and that's exactly how I play. :)

thomasleor

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
A trading-investment analogy.

Is betting on cold numbers similar to shorting hot numbers as overvalued?

Not so. In currency trading or trading equities or any given INDEX (Dow, FTSE etc), you have a clear signal to short based on a precise analysis of any given graph belonging to aforementioned instruments.

This analysis leading to a decision to short/sell is far from what "cold" numbers have to offer in roulette. Cold number is merely a concept stuck in the players mind that is unable to plot a variance curve of any current number/ he or she seeks to play.

Because the time at the given wheel is limited to a period of say 1-10 hours (the latter for the gambling addicted), where the variance curve/graph for a certain number or pattern of numbers seems to be cold, in reality their variance curve might reaching a point where the player can assess a probable "BUY" signal equalling a bet. In roulette a SELL signal (SHORTING), would be to ABSTAIN from betting and hence SAVE MONEY that can be used on a pattern that approaches a BUY position.

Some time ago I posted a platform I had developed for this way of continuous observation, analysis and betting or the signal of NO-BET periods. For those interested you can find images and examples of said platform in my post archives. Having tested this platform for some time over at my forum VRTECH with my test pilots, we concluded after a certain period of extensive testing on live wheels that betting in this way on various sectors of the wheel instead of table patterns was the most efficient way of playing the roulette wheel.

Having BUY SELL indicators telling when to BET or NOT BET according to real time graph analysis for the various sectors increased the hitrate to such degree that "loosing sessions" with a negative outcome ceased to appear.

The problem thereafter was to increase the efficiency so that the return of won units on risked capital reached a reasonable profit.

I hope this answers your question.

kav

• https://www.youtube.com/c/rouletteman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
My thinking is that as stocks become overbought*, hot numbers are over-appearing.

*overbought= overvalued owing to excessive buying at unjustifiably high prices.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:35:24 PM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
There are also stocks that should be "buy and hold" where others should be "liquidate".

Even big name companies like Boeing must take a hit now and again, but nobody panics, right?

Unlike the stock market, roulette bet selections are 100% interdependent; while selections A-E are doing poorly, selections F-K must be doing better.

Actually its kind of similar to the financial markets and some commodities; where there is a performance mirror.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:35:22 PM by Reyth »