Author Topic: Stop Loss  (Read 1819 times)

MickyP

Stop Loss
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »
To Stop Loss players must stop playing systems. (Lol) just thought I'd get your blood pressure right for a heated debate.

Stop Loss is a tool, a defence mechanism incorporated into strategic play that curbs or restricts further immediate loss.

The power of using a Stop Loss is to "Restrict Further Immediate Loss".

I was ridiculed in a thread I began for advising players to incorporate a stop loss in their play. Interestingly, what was suggested was for players to chase the win until their bankroll is depleted. Playing for the win with your entire bankroll is used to define gamblers fallacy.

Stop Loss allows you to have multiple opportunities to win and is thus a good control mechanism that may turn the game around for you. It allows you to split your bankroll up into smaller banks. Variance can not be controlled but it may be contained to a degree.

Your thoughts?

Jesper

Re: Stop Loss
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:18:57 PM »
We can stop for psychological reasons, if things turning down. We are in fact pausing, as the downdrown will not go away until we win again. The fact we stop, give us time to think and rest, but never change the fact we are back in balance. There is of course more reasons, like the bankroll was intended for other expenses as well,  ::)

MickyP

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:55:49 PM »
Agreed. However, the danger with roulette is assumption. We can not assume a win nor can  we assume continuous loss if we break play and select a new table to play at.
Stop Loss is not a guarantee that wins will appear but it will prevent total depletion of the bankroll in one go if losses prevail.

Bebediktus

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
To Stop Loss players must stop playing systems.

Your thoughts?
Player firstly must understand when is possible to win , when he not have chances, so what increase his advantage what not change.
So really systems - not change and for example VB , or bias  - increase . So if player will play VB , but apply some system for his bets - that maybe - not be bad, are some sittuations when mexanical systems for betting after VB predictions are very good.... when itself such system betting on black or red - change nothing so is negative...

MickyP

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
"To Stop Loss players must stop playing systems" was a tongue in cheek opening remark. Just me trying to be witty. Never-the-less your comments are valued.

Bebediktus

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:47:00 PM »
So if i use some system and play , so i must stop that do, if want better for me ? :)
It is bad criterium .
Good criterium is - play as long as possible when you have advantage and not play at all when you - not have.
System or not system - here is far behind.

Remember - main - if you have advantage or not !

MickyP

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »
You are correct. If you are losing stop at the stop loss limit. There is no limit or cut off if you are winning.
Stop loss means to stop losing at a predetermined point no matter how you are playing.
You set the stop loss limit for yourself.

I hope I understood you correctly.

Bebediktus

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:22:38 PM »
Hard with you  :)

If player loosing - main what he must do - understand why he loosing !!!
He will stop play, or will continue is his matter.

Say what is wrong in this - I am loosing and without stop play,  find reason - something change and start win - all that i do - without stoping play. And this last is very important !!

I will say why, some simple reason from many. Say in such situation i stop play wake up from table - mine place take other, after that i notice mine mistake and see, that i can have 30% advantage, but table is all full - i simply cant play !!!
How for you such scenario ?  :)

Ok guys, you are players for fun - like gamblers and your behavior is other and for you is very hard to understand thinking player, which lives from winnings....

That is main, why here are always confrontation between AP and gamblers  - they simply not understand each others....

But other cant be - or gambler become AP , or AP  become gambler... ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:25:03 PM by Bebediktus »

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

MickyP

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »
I got your point Bebediktus. I should have pointed out that "stop loss" is a tool for system players as the accuracy of prediction differs from that of a good AP.

Losing your spot at the table because you used a stop loss and then discovering you lost because you played wrong is a life saver. Imagine if you just carried on playing. You would have maybe lost everything because being involved in the game you may not have pick up on your mistake. So in your scenario a stop loss would have been good. You survive to play later or another day.

The fact that different player types don't understand each other is sad.

scepticus

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »
If you are referring to me, micky ,as the one who ridiculed your advising a Stop Loss I did not advise chasing a win till the bankroll was depleted.
I said that my table bankroll was enough for 20 bets and that I made 20 bets and let Random decide whether or not I won.
I said that having  a Stop Loss was illogical and you have not answered that allegation.

MickyP

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 06:27:06 PM »
Scepticus, yes I was referring to you

I find a stop loss to be logical.

Let's rather agree to disagree.

No insults please.

scepticus

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:58 PM »
was ridiculed in a thread I began for advising players to incorporate a stop loss in their play. Interestingly, what was suggested was for players to chase the win until their bankroll is depleted. Playing for the win with your entire bankroll is used to define gamblers fallacy.

Claiming I indulge in Gamblers' Fallacy is not an insult ?
You can insult me but I can't insult back?
OK MIcky I won't insult you any more  . I have already made my main point. You don't know as much about roulette as you want members to think  . 

MickyP

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 12:53:09 AM »
And why should this bother you? You are an intelligent person,  I am not ashamed of my limited knowledge of roulette. I have openly stated how much I've learnt and what a great education the forum provides.

I ask questions and engage in debate because I'm eager to learn more. I know I don't know everything about roulette. You make my not knowing everything sound so bad. In spite of that, you do make me smile.

kav

• https://www.youtube.com/c/rouletteman
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 01:54:42 AM »
How about this concept:
There are Good sessions and Bad sessions.
By having a stop loss you define when you will quit, because you are experiencing a bad session. And you are looking for Good sessions to make money.

I used to not believe in stop loss. Now I do believe in what I call Good and Bad sessions. and Stop Loss is just the limit that tells you you are having a Bad session and you should quit.

The following users thanked this post: vitorwally, MickyP

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 02:11:41 AM »
Kav, I think you just proved that I don't know everything...lol.
I was banging my head against the wall because I just couldn't get Scepticus to understand the logic behind it.
I think the subject of money management and the "tools" used in money management should be explored and debated more.
Thank you.