blockdamofo

Author Topic: Why the Long Face?  (Read 1086 times)

Fyodor

Why the Long Face?
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
I am just wondering out loud here, but I cannot understand why pessimism is so rife, not only here, but across many such forums.
Justifiable debates are one thing, but the constant chipping away of roulette strategies, (many of which are reliably playable) or rehashiing Einsiens quotes, or attempting to "prove" mathematical probability-certainty and then entwining it in various "laws of roulette physics" that are, at best, questionable.
What are "biased" wheels? -
Somebody must know, as I see an almost endless reference to them, (and don't try to tell me it's physicsl wear and tear)
Wheels not perfectly level, leading to "dominant diamonds" -again, don't insult my intelligence!
"Easy" or "Beatable" wheels are often referred to, but where are they?
And, if they are that "Easy" why aren't the gurus playing them, and raking in squillions, instead of puffing around on forums.
Suspicious "ball scatter" is a furphy in any legitimate Caz , as the ball always has the potential to behave erratically, bounce, spin, shock, rotor velocity, I don't think I have ever seen two (even close to) identical ball carriage trajectories in my life.
I read about (apparently eager?) players who complain that at a B&M there is such a long delay between spins (two minutes or more!) they are too bored to continue, and need the fast action of "Rapid" or better yet, get a "bot" to play (online) for them.
OK, off you go, lotsa luck buddy, you'll need it.
The biggest nuisance/pessimist brigade, includes those hawkers, who stand right behind you at a table, and loudly discuss the pros and cons of your current staking system!
"Ooh, look at that ridiculous bet
he will lose for sure!"
(kneecapping would be too good for them!)
Pessimism is a lot like vinegar, if boils down to sour grapes!

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

MickyP

Re: Why the Long Face?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
You certainly do have a way with words. Are you here to rake up the pessimism like an autumn fall of leaves? Lol

vitorwally

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
The biggest nuisance/pessimist brigade, includes those hawkers, who stand right behind you at a table, and loudly discuss the pros and cons of your current staking system!
"Ooh, look at that ridiculous bet
he will lose for sure!"
That's for sure one of the things that triggers me the most when I visit my local b&m. One of the best stories I have about it is when i saw a guy just arriving at the airball with enough cents to place a chip on a single number (because he thrashed all his money in slots) and all the critics came out of the closet saying "what are the odds?". Best part. He got the number he randomly placed with his fingers and all of a sudden all mouths were shut. It was priceless.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:25:37 PM by vitorwally »

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
Vitorwally,

Are you in the US?

The following users thanked this post: vitorwally

vitorwally

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »
I just thanked your question because it made me laugh. Don't get me wrong. One of my dreams is travel the united states, coast to coast, by train as I once saw in an article. So in some way your question made me laugh. I guess by my reply you can deduce I don't live in the US. Why the question?

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »

Because worldwide roulette domination requires minions and eyes everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:35:39 PM by Real »

scepticus

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
and Real in control ! ;D

vitorwally

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »
Yup! I don't know what to reply. Those eyes shattered my words.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:04:00 PM by kav »

Jesper

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »
There are different players and different "operandi modus" and all winning ways are not a criminal way.

A system player may think he has something, looking at the success. The AP do the same. After a win, no of them are sure (they are but honest?) it is the system or the analyses make the win or it was luck.

Very hard to know.  A system player can be overproofed he is wrong due to math. He usually not care until he feel it, and the same goes for an AP.

Apophenia is something we humans use, in play but also even in science.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:46:16 PM by Jesper »