Author Topic: What is the difference  (Read 1892 times)

dobbelsteen

What is the difference
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:59:05 AM »

On this forum there 9s much discussion about  roulette systems  bet selection and money management.
 What is clearly the difference between a bet selection and money management?

Re: What is the difference
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
Hi dobblesteen

The only way to test your bet selection is through flat betting. If it wins flat betting, you have a winner. If not, you don't and need to redefine your bet.

Alex
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:07:59 AM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: Duncan

kav

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »
Hi dobbel,

The difference is:
Bet selection tells you what to bet
Money Management tells you how much to bet

The following users thanked this post: Trilobite

dobbelsteen

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
Bet selection tells me ,what I have to bet after a loss or a win. What are the rules  and the goals of management for "How much"?

In my research I never use money, only units.

kav

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »
There are too many money management strategies so there is not one answer to the question "What are the rules  and the goals of management for "How much"?"

Money is divided by units. Whether you talk about money or units the idea is the same. It is all relative.
For example if someone tell you that your first bet is $10 and the second bet $20, it doesn't take a genius to understand that the second bet is 2x the first bet, so it can be translated to first bet $50, second bet $100 or first bet $30 second bet $60 etc. Talking about units is preferable IMO, because it helps you better understand the relative value, but in essence whether described as dollars or units a money management strategy tells you how much to bet.

Trilobite

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 08:46:40 AM »
For me money management boils down to when to hold, when to push, and when to purge. Whether you use all three conditions depends on the bet selection.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:50:30 AM by Trilobite »

The following users thanked this post: kav

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »

Dobblesteen,

Put 1 unit on your bets. Thats it. Then use your bet selection for a certain number of spins. Say 20, 000 spins.
Look at the bankroll. Lets say you are + 1000 units
Again same bet same 1 unit, another 20,000 spins look at the bankroll again + 400
Session 3 , you get the black swan event, -8000 units
Draw the line 1000+400-8000 =-6600 units after 60,000 spins
If you think the money management is faulty , you are wrong. Its not. Your bet selection is faulty and you need to rethink that.

Its also inportant to look at the drawdowns on the graphs.

For 99.999% of methids it will look like this: upward, steady, downward. The issue is at the bet selection , not your money management.

Alex

The following users thanked this post: december

dobbelsteen

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »
Your explanation is very clear. If  I understand it well, there is less difference between bet selection and money management. For programming units are universal. In my blog I have analysed the famous bet selections of
 Fibonacci, D`Alembert and La bouchere

The following users thanked this post: kav

dobbelsteen

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
When you have 1000 euro and you wager 1 euro per spin on an EC , you loose all your money after about 7145 spins. French roulette without La Partage.

This is a certainty.

Trilobite

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
If that is so, and I have no inclination to disagree with you, then it's time to start betting on something other than EC's.

iar000

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
Alex

What is your method

thank's
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:13:38 PM by kav »

dobbelsteen

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
For the 12 and 18 number bets it is easy to compute the number of spins ,you loose the whole bank balance.
For the EC I computed that you loose your bank balance after about 7145 spins.
Now you can wonder  after how many spin it happens the same as you bet 2 euros. For long run trials you can predict the results. Fortunately a player plays always short run sessies. Strategies with the right bet selelection have more chance to win. Hot and run !!!

The following users thanked this post: december